Subject: Re: cacti and desert plants
From: [email-masked] (Peter Jakobi)
Date: 25 Jul 1994 16:53:56 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

[email-masked] (Dzaitlin) writes:

>An earlier posting said that one can subscribe to a cactus and succulents
>interest group by sending an e-mail message to 

>[email-masked]

>with the one liner sub cact_etc yourfirstname yourlastname

Note, that there are some characters missing, and it that it may only work
if you put your 1liner into the body. Here's the mail that is sent upon
subscription with some additional info.

Enjoy!
Peter

----------------- elektronische Falzkante -------------------------------

From [email-masked] Wed Jul  6 04:41:05 1994
From:	[email-masked]
To:	[email-masked]
subject: SUBSCRIBE CACTI_ETC PETER JAKOBI 

You have been added to list [email-masked].
The system has recorded your address as

			[email-masked]

and in order for your messages to get posted (if the list accepts postings),
you will have to send them from this address, unless the list does not require
subscription for posting.
If a message is ever rejected, please contact the list's owner: [email-masked]

For information on this service and how to use it, send the following
request in the body of a mail message to [email-masked]:

			HELP

All requests should be addressed to [email-masked].

Welcome to the cacti and succulents discussion group!         

A set of instructions on all possible server commands can be obtained
by sending a message to "[email-masked]" consisting of the
single line "help".

Correspondence to the group can be made by sending your message to
"[email-masked]".  Your message will then be resent to all
currently subscribing members of the group. 

It is customary for new subscribers to eventually post a self-introduction
message.  You might want to relate how you first got interested in 
cacti and succulents, what plants you are growing, and what your current
interests are.  

The discussion is not moderated, and usually consists of short messages
offering plants for trade, asking questions and advice, relating 
experiences with plant propagation, etc.  

Please direct all system-related questions to Bob Jewett at 
[email-masked].