Subject: POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE POSITION
From: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Jul 1994 07:51:41 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE POSITION

A postdoctoral research associate position is available IMMEDIATELY to work
on  calmodulin-binding proteins. We have recently isolated several cDNAs
encoding calmodulin-binding proteins from plants and current focus is on
characterizing these isolated cDNAs.  Applicant should have a strong
background in standard biochemical and/or molecular techniques including
transformation of plants and analysis of reporter genes in transgenic
plants.   The incumbent will have an opportunity to participate in other
ongoing projects in the laboratory including studies on the role of U1
snRNP 70K protein in premRNA splicing and characterization of cell cycle
phase-specific cyclins and is expected to interact with other post-docs,
graduate students, and two part-time work study students in the laboratory.
 The salary is commensurate with experience (minimum $21,000/year plus
standard benefits package).  For more information on our ongoing reserach
projects please see the following papers: Poovaiah and Reddy, CRC Cri. Rev.
Plant Sci. 12: 185-211, 1993; Reddy, Takezawa, Fromm and Poovaiah, Plant
Science 94, 109-117, 1993; Reddy, Czernik, An and Pooviah, Biochim.
Biophys. Acta. 1171: 88-92,1992; Day and Reddy, Biochim. Biophys. Acta.
1218, 115-118, 1994; Reddy, Safadi, Beyette and Mykles, Biochem. Biophys.
Res. Commun. 199: 1089-1095,1994. 

Interested candidates should send (either by fax or e-mail) curriculum
vitae, a brief statement of research experience and names and telephone
numbers of three references to:

Dr. A.S.N. Reddy
Assistant Professor
Laboratory of plant molecular biology
E-106 Anatomy/Zoology Bldg 
Department of Biology
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Ph.No. 303-491-5773 (office) 303-491-2819 (Lab)
FAX No. 303-491-0649
e-mail: [email-masked]  

Colorado State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
A.S.N. Reddy
Assistant Professor
Department of Biology
E-106 Zoology Building
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO -80523