Subject: Plant Biology Chair, UC Davis
From: [email-masked] (John Harada)
Date: 27 Jul 1994 17:11:04 -0700
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

CHAIRPERSON
SECTION OF PLANT BIOLOGY
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS

The University of California at Davis announces that the search for
Professor and Chairperson of the Section of Plant Biology within the
Division of Biological Sciences has been extended and invites applications
and nominations for this position.  The chairperson will be responsible
for providing academic and administrative leadership to promote excellence
in teaching and research in the Section.  Candidates must have active
research programs with outstanding records of achievement in an area of
experimental plant biology such as cell and molecular plant biology,
developmental plant biology or physiology and biophysics. 

The section offers undergraduate degrees and serves as the administrative
core of the Graduate Group in Plant Biology, a campus-wide unit which
offers Masters and Ph.D. degrees.  Due to recent retirements, there is an
opportunity for significant recruitment of new faculty.  The Section will
be moving to a newly constructed building in late 1996. 

Candidates should submit a curriculum vitae, a statement of their current
research program, a statement of their teaching and administrative
experience and philosophy to: 

Chair of the Search Committee
Section of Plant Biology
University of California
Davis, CA  95616

Closing Date: Open until filled.  In this extended search, applications
will be considered upon receipt. 

The University of California is interested in candidates who reflect the
highest standards of scholarship and profession activities and who do not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
disability, age, or sexual orientation. 

The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer.