Subject: Venus flytrap ...again
From: [email-masked] (The Cybard)
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 19:54:46 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

There was some discussion recently in this group about Venus flytraps.  A
couple of days ago, I purchased a "Little Pot of Horrors" at a local
supermarket.  The card that it came with said that the flytrap needs lots
of light (not much direct sunlight) and lots of wet peat.  What else can
you netters tell me about the care and feeding of this carnivorous plant?
Some of the questions I have are:

1.  I don't have many flies in my apartment.  Should I feed it flies, and
    if so, how often?  

2.  I would like to repot it.  What kind and size of pot should I use? 
     
3.  What are it's soil/fertilizer requirements?

4.  Anything else special that I should know about?

Please help me.  I really want a 5' monster plant for my livingroom.  :-)

-- 
David Thomas Dudek /  [email-masked]   \     __   _ The Cybard
 State University /   [email-masked]   \   /  `-' )      ,,, 
   of New York   /    [email-masked]   \  | | ()|||||||[:::}
    @ Buffalo   /    [email-masked]  \ `__.-._)      '''