Subject: Postdoc position in molecular plant viruology available
From: [email-masked] (Zhongguo Xiong)
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 13:46:46 PST
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION
PLANT VIROLOGY  
 
	A post-doctoral position in plant molecular virology is available immediately 
in the Department of Plant Pathology, University of Arizona. The successful 
applicant will participate in a research project focusing on recombination 
between viral sequences expressed in transgenic plants and infecting RNA 
viruses. Specifically, the candidate will determine the transgenic recombination 
frequency under various conditions by using transgenic plant plants expressing 
a portion of a viral genome. This research will extend to the mechanism of the 
transgenic recombination, comparative analysis of the transgenic recombination 
with normal RNA virus recombination, and aspects of RNA virus replication that 
influence transgenic recombination.  In addition, the applicant will have an 
opportunity to participate in other ongoing research projects. Applicants must 
have a Ph.D degree in Plant Pathology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or 
related fields, along with experience in molecular biological techniques. Prior 
experience with plant viruses and plant transformation is preferred but not 
required. An interest in virus-plant interaction and RNA recombination is 
strongly desired. 

	This position will be available for three years contingent on satisfactory 
performance.  Salary for the position starts at $24,000 with an expected 5% 
annual raise. University of Arizona offers excellent fringe benefits for its 
employees. Applications including a curriculum vitae, three letters of reference, 
transcripts, and a statement of research interests should be sent  (FAX, email, 
or mail) to:

Dr. Zhongguo Xiong
Department of Plant Pathology
Forbes 104
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721. 

Phone:  602-621-9869 
FAX:  602-621-9916 
Email:  [email-masked]

University of Arizona is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities 
are encouraged to apply.