Subject: Re: dandelion fungus (again)
From: [email-masked] (Richard Winder)
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 1994 15:55:12 GMT
Newsgroups: bionet.plants

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Andre Hamel) writes:
>Curses!  :^)  ... just lost a recent email!
>
>I just received an email (from someone in Canada?) in which they mentioned
>name of researcher (in NS ?) regarding fungus specific for dandelion.
>
>Could you be so kind as to re-send it? ... I've checked all files, seems
>to be gone ... had time to briefly glance letter though!

Andre,

I'm not the guy, but:

Research on diseases of dandelion (as endemic biocontrol agents) has been
conducted in two places in Canada that I know of, mostly on Sclerotinia minor.
In Que'bec, contact Alan Watson or his workers at MacDonald College of McGill
University, Ste.-Anne-de-Bellevue (514-398-7858).  In Ontario, much work has
been done at the Dept. of Env. Biol. at the University of Guelph (q.v. Riddle,
G.E., Lee L. Burpee, and Gregory J. Boland.  1991. Virulence of Sclerotinia 
sclerotiorum and S. minor on Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale). Weed Science 
39:109-118.  As far as NS goes, Glen Sampson at NSAC in Truro would know who
there, if any, are working on it.  Also P.D. Hildebrand or K. Jensen at the Ag
Canada Research Station in Kentville NS.  Sorry I don't have the phone #s right
in front of me.		-RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773
  Victoria, B.C.                    Internet: [email-masked]