Subject: Missouri Rally...promo

From: Glenn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 19:49:13 -1000

[ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set.  ]
    [ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

There is an important farm rally in Columbia,  Missouri at the Boone
County Fairgrounds coming up this Sunday, August 29.  There are national
names and organizations attending.  (See Mary Hendrickson^Òs message to
us, Wed., August 18, !999.)

Now I^Òm a small farmer and you can^Òt tell me that  the Missouri Farmers
Union, the national people and the community, including the business
community are just getting together for the evening barbecue.  They^Òll
be there doing something for us.  We^Òre all members of a national small
farm, small town, small ranch community.  

Kathy and I own smallfarms.com, the marketing Web site for small farmers
and ranchers.  It^Òs a business, just like our farm.  We support what the
folks in Kansas are doing and we thank them because they^Òre going to
help us.  Just look at the list of speakers who^Òll be in Columbia.

To encourage all small farmers and ranchers to get to the Rural Unity
Rally, we will give a free registration at smallfarms.com to the small
farmer or small rancher who travels the farthest to get there.  

We^Òll also give a free one year registration to the small farmer or
rancher who organizes the largest caravan to Missouri. 

E mail, call or write us after you^Òre home from the rally.

This offer is not  limited to Sanet readers.  Spread the word: 
Columbia, Mo., 8/29/99. 

glenn
Buy from the Farmer
www.smallfarms.com

    [ Part 2: "Included Message" ]

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 17:16:33 -0500
From: Mary Hendrickson <[email-masked]>
To: Sustainable Agriculture Network <[email-masked]>
Subject: Farmers Union Rally in Missouri

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set.  ]
    [ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

Hi Sanetters,

FYI for any close to Missouri and interested in coming.  Columbia Area
Food Circle and Columbia Farmers Market will also be participating in
the event so sustainable food systems will have a strong voice.

Mary
________________________________________

Stand Shoulder to Shoulder with Rural America!

                 Show Me Solutions to Saving Family Farms

                           Attend Rural Unity Day

                             August 29, 1999
                         Boone County Fairgrounds
                              Columbia, Mo.
                                 1:00 P.M.

Join farmers, ranchers, business owners, church groups, bankers, and
others and speak with one voice on behalf of rural America.

A Community event to call attention to the farm crisis.

U.S. Representatives, Kenny Hulshof, U.S. Senators Kit Bond, Paul
Wellstone, Mike Dunn, USDA-Washington D.C., Adam Golodner, Chief of Anti
Trust Division-Justice Department-Washington D.C.,Leland
Swenson-President of National Farmers Union, Dr. Heffernan- University
of Missouri, Mike Stumo- Organization for Competitive Markets, Barbara
Ross, Catholic Diocese, Ronda Perry-Missouri Rural Crisis Center, and
many others are scheduled to speak and will be in attendance to give you

answers and hear your concerns.

We know the crisis, and we are ready to start on the solutions to solve
this problem, so that we can ensure the survival of rural America and
independent family farmers.  In unity, let^Òs start the process to a
prospering industry just as other industries are in today^Òs economy.

                  Sponsored by the Missouri Farmers Union
                   For More information: 573-588-2425

All organizations in the state are invited to attend and participate in
the event and represent their members.  All members of any organization
are also encouraged to attend and get involved to share unity and a
clear voice in the agricultural sector.

                 ^ÓPut the ^ÓUNITY^Ô back into COMMUNITY^Ô

                A pork barbecue will be held prior to meeting by
donation only.

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail