Subject: Soil & Health NZ Statement of purpose
From: "CarmanD" <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Nov 1999 05:50:01 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.permaculture

Greetings 
I found the official statement of purpose for S&H NZ as printed in the 
Sept /Oct 1999 edition

Soil & Health Association Statement of Purpose
The Soil & Health Assoc of NZ inc was founded 1941 by Dr Guy Chapman and a
founding committee of New Zealanders concerned at the poor state of
national nutrition due  to the low priority given to sustainable, organic
growing and farming practices ruling even in those times.

The association has continues to promote organic farming and dietary reform
as part of the international agricultural reform movement promoted by
Affiliated Soil Associations in Australia and the United Kingdom,  the
Rodale Institute. Ecology Action, California Certified Organic Farmers and
Acres USA etc in North America,  the Steiner based Bio-Dynamic and
Permaculture movements and the International Federation of Organic
Agriculture Movements (IFOAM)  and affiliated organisations world wide. 
The Association is a founding partner of the NZ biological Producers and
Consumers Council,  owners of the Bio-Gro organic trademark. It encourages
public involvement in it's affairs via local branches, public meetings and
regular field days held on organic properties.
The Association is totally reliant on public support for it's advocacy
role. It receives no government or any other financial support by any
commercial organisation, political party, religion or other vested
interest.

The association believes that when NZ finally honours it's clean green
reputation and adopts organic principles at every level of agriculture, a
dramatic improvement in the nations health will follow and the truth of
it's operating maxim.
Healthy soil - Health food- Healthy people will finally triumph