Subject: Publication: Community Food Systems in California

From: "Andy Clark, SAN Coordinator" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:10:30 -0500 (EST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:25:42 -0800
From: Gail Feenstra <[email-masked]>

Community Food Systems in California: Profiles of 13 Collaborations
Publication 21574, 1998

This publication profiles 13 of the growing number of local community food
system initiatives that have developed in California in the last few
years. The publication aims to provide basic information that can assist
individuals or groups interested in starting similar projects in their
regions, including Cooperative Extension advisors, community development
practitioners, nutrition, youth and public health professionals, economic
development planners, church personnel, academics and others.  

The organizations profiled have well-developed roots in a geographically
distinct community, a holistic and comprehensive approach to addressing
goals, and the cooperation of multiple organizations and individuals. 
They address several of the following goals: community food security
(access to a nutritious, affordable diet), sustaining family farms using
production practices that are less chemical- and energy-intensive;
promoting direct marketing; community economic development; farm labor
equity; and farmland protection.  

45 pages. Editors: Gail Feenstra and David Campbell.  Price: $6.00.  Order
through UC DANR Communications Services or UC SAREP. 

Gail Feenstra
Food Systems Analyst
UC Sustainable Agriculture Research & Ed. Program
University of California
Davis, CA 95616
(916) 752-8408

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with "unsubscribe sanet-mg".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".