Subject: RE: Examples of community gardens

From: "Webb, Kevin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:28:39 -0600

[ The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "US-ASCII" character set.  ]
    [ Some characters may be displayed incorrectly. ]

Melissa- a good place to start is the American Community Gardening
Association, there web-site is: http://communitygarden.org/

Also, check to see if your local Extension office has a Master Gardener
program (they should). MG's are a great source of info and volunteer time.
You might also think about partnering with local food banks, soup kitchens,
schools, etc.

Best of luck, Kevin

     Kevin Webb
     Food Circles Networking Project
     Department of Rural Sociology
     University of Missouri-Columbia
     105 Sociology
     Columbia, MO  65211
     (573) 882-3776
     [573] 882=1473 (fax)
     [email-masked]
     On the web at: http://www.foodcircles.missouri.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Melissa Anne Stine [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 1:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Chris Stine
Subject: Examples of community gardens

Greetings,
We are interested in approaching our city council about creating a
community garden on the site of a once proposed (and long since
forgotten) park.

We are interested in examples from other communities that have formed
community gardens, and the benefits they have reaped from the
experience.  If you know of case examples, or of literature,
organizations, web sites, etc. that focus on community gardens, please
contact us.

Thank you in advance,

Missy and Chris Stine
Thousand Oaks, California

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail

To Unsubscribe:  Email [email-masked] with the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".
To Subscribe to Digest: Email [email-masked] with the command
"subscribe sanet-mg-digest".

All messages to sanet-mg are archived at:
http://www.sare.org/san/htdocs/hypermail