Subject: Re: Sources of market price info for organic products.

From: "E. Ann Clark, Associate Professor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 1995 01:32:55 EDT

Lawrence:  my only suggestion would be a local organic grain 
marketing cooperative called ONTARBIO.  They market extensively in 
Europe, and indeed, many of the members are 0-1 generations removed 
from Europe themselves.  I am not at work, but if you want this phone 
number, get back to me and I will send it off on Monday.  Ann

[email-masked]
Dr. E. Ann Clark
Associate Professor
Crop Science
University of Guelph
Guelph, ON  N1G 2W1
Phone:  519-824-4120 Ext. 2508
FAX:  519 763-8933

---

From: "E. Ann Clark, Associate Professor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 10:34:53 EDT

Lawrence:  my contacts with ONTARBIO are:

Mike Pembry 905-838-2800; he is a biodynamic farmer and journalist; 
he will know the right phone number for ONTARBIO

Ted Zettle 519 366-9982; he is an organic dairy farmer and one of the 
leading lights in the Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario.  He 
and about 15 others just got an organic cheese factory in production -
 all done legally under the Ontario Milk Marketing Board.  He is also 
active with ONTARBIO and could get you a number, but he may be harder 
to reach than Pembry.  

Good luck.  Ann
[email-masked]
Dr. E. Ann Clark
Associate Professor
Crop Science
University of Guelph
Guelph, ON  N1G 2W1

---

From: [email-masked] (Carl A Pforzheimer)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 11:31:06

You might want to call Keith at Northeast Co-ops in Boston, at 617
389 9032 and ask him this.  They are organic-only market
wholesalers.

Andy Pforzheimer

>
>Could anyone point me to any source(s) (Internet, BBS, phone, US-mail)
>of U.S. and overseas market price information for organically-grown 
>products (certified, clean-raised, pesticide-free, chemical-free or 
>transitional)? 
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Lawrence
>________________________________________________
>Lawrence F. London, Jr. - [email-masked] 
>------------------------------------------------
>
>