Subject: Sources of market price information for organic products.

From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 19:12:39 -0500 (EST)

>From [email-masked] Sun Jan 29 00:41 EST 1995
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 1995 21:35:12 -0700 (MST)
From: "G. Michael Horton" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Sources of market price info for organic products.
To: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>

I recently ran across the following information.  The Farmer's Information
Network Organic Market News was recently awarded a grant from the USDA/Federal
State Market Improvement Program to improve their Organic Market Information
Delivery System. They currently publish the Organic Market News, a 
comprehensive wholesale price report of organically grown gresh fruit, herbs
and vegetables 21 times a year.  Subscriptions are available in hard copy 
by US Mail for $65.00 per year, fax with the USA for $75.

The internet address is:  [email-masked]   Snail mail is:

	Farmer's Information Network
	Organic Market News
	PO Box 2067
	Santa Clara, Ca. 95055-2067
	(408) 247-6778 ext 3  Fax (408) 247-5823

Hope this helps.  I have also been able to obtain prices--somewhat 
sporadically--on PenPages.

Mike Horton

-

>From [email-masked] Sun Jan 29 01:26 EST 1995
From: "E. Ann Clark, Associate Professor" <[email-masked]>
Organization:  Crop Science, The Univ. of Guelph
To: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date:          Sun, 29 Jan 1995 01:32:55 EDT
Subject:       Re: Sources of market price info for organic products.

My only suggestion would be a local organic grain 
marketing cooperative called ONTARBIO.  They market extensively in 
Europe, and indeed, many of the members are 0-1 generations removed 
from Europe themselves.  

My contacts with ONTARBIO are:

Mike Pembry 905-838-2800; he is a biodynamic farmer and journalist; 
he will know the right phone number for ONTARBIO

Ted Zettle 519 366-9982; he is an organic dairy farmer and one of the 
leading lights in the Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario.  He 
and about 15 others just got an organic cheese factory in production -
 all done legally under the Ontario Milk Marketing Board.  He is also 
active with ONTARBIO and could get you a number, but he may be harder 
to reach than Pembry.  

Good luck.  Ann
[email-masked]
Dr. E. Ann Clark
Associate Professor
Crop Science
University of Guelph
Guelph, ON  N1G 2W1
Phone:  519-824-4120 Ext. 2508
FAX:  519 763-8933

-

>From [email-masked] Sun Jan 29 12:53 EST 1995
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 1995 09:55:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Sal Schettino <[email-masked]>
To: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked],
        "Jill Auburn University of Cal." <[email-masked]>,
        [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Sources of market price info for organic products.

Check with Jill Auburn [email-masked] she is working of a organic 
price list.  I have seen it and its improving all the time.  Now it has 
LA commerical prices along with organic produce prices.  They have some 
of the big organic buyers giving both the prices they pay and the prices 
they charge.  A great idea.  If Jill is watching she can fill us in on 
the details.  This is a great source of market prices for us organic 
farmers in Cal.. I think you can get a subscribtion faxed or mailed or 
even internet access.

Sal Schettino,Organic Farmer,don't panic eat organic,[email-masked]
or check out my homepage:            http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html

-

>From [email-masked] Sun Jan 29 22:27 EST 1995
From: Beth Spaugh <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Sources of market price info for organic products.
To: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <[email-masked]>

Please forward info to me.  I had a request for this info just Thursday. 
Our state organic group had referred them to me, so apparently they don't
have good info on prices.  Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beth Spaugh				CENET: bspaugh
Cornell Cooperative Extension,		INTERNET: [email-masked]
	Clinton County			VOICE: 518-561-7450
6064 Route 22				FAX: 518-561-0183
Plattsburgh NY 12901