Subject: Re: QUESTION: Need information on growing cotton organically.

From: [email-masked] (Dick Richardson)
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 1994 22:36:05 -0600

>Does anyone have any information on growing cotton organically?
>

Bob Berkenfield in the Texas Panhandle (near Nazareth, TX) is one who has
evolved into organic cotton over the past few years.  He's gotten the
organic matter up to about 3.5% using feedlot compost (he and brothers
started a compost company also) and cut his irrigation use by over 50% in
the process.  I don't know if this is a situation of interest, but if so,
I'll dig up his address and phone number.

=========================================================================
R. H. (Dick) Richardson               *    (512) 471-4128  (w)
Zoology Department                    *    (512) 471-9651  (FAX)
University of Texas                   *    (512) 476-5131  (h)
Austin, TX  78712                     *    [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Egg)
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 10:58:49 -0600

>Lawrence F. London, Jr. - [email-masked]
>------------------------------------------------

Lawrence,

The July 29, 1994 PANUPS newsletter (posted to sanet) reported on the
formation of the National Organic Cotton Association (NOCA). For info,
contact executive director Rene Robin, (510) 649-1962.

Richard Egg ([email-masked])
Agricultural Engineering Department
Texas A&M University
(409) 845-7686

---

From: [email-masked] (Richard Egg)
Date: 3 Nov 1994 17:15:58 -0000

Lawrence,