Subject: "CZARA-Economic Achievability Analysis

From: [email-masked]
Date: 21 Jun 93 15:50:57 EST

To:       [email-masked]
Subject:  "CZARA-Economic Achievability Analysis -Mgt. Measures"

Dear Co-workers:

Dear co-workers:

    This message is in follow up to my message sent to you last week.
I also have copies of EPA's economic analysis for the following
measures available:

*  Marinas

*  Forestry

*  Urban Areas, Hydromodification, and Wetlands

Let me know which ones you need.  Get'em while they're hot!

Mitch

****************************************
                                       *
Mitch Woodward                         *
USDA-Extension Service                 *
National Program Leader-Soil Science   *
3340 South Bldg.                       *
Washington, DC.   20250                *
Phone: (202) 720-4341                  *
  Fax: (202) 720-4730                  *
                                       *
****************************************

From [email-masked]  Ukn Apr 30 13:15:03 1993
Posted-Date:         30 Apr 93 13:06:31 EST
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Organization: USDA Extension Service
Date:         30 Apr 93 13:06:31 EST
Subject:      Regional EPA/NOAA CZARA Workshops
Priority: normal
Status: RO

Dear Co-workers:

   The following is a copy of a letter which you will be
receiving a "hard copy" of next week. The attachments mentioned
below will be included with the letter.
Mitch Woodward

April 30, 1993

SUBJECT:    Coastal Zone Act Reauthorization

TO:         State Water Quality Coordinators
            Agricultural & Natural Resource Program Leaders

The purpose of this letter is to clear up any confusion which may
have arisen from Andy Weber's letter of April 20, 1993 on the same
subject.

EPA and NOAA will be holding CZARA meetings in each one of EPA's
regions, beginning in May and ending later this summer.  (See
detailed meeting schedule attached.)  The purpose of these meetings
is for EPA, NOAA, and State environmental and agricultural agencies
to discuss:

o  Providing a common, consistent understanding of guidance
   documents.

o  Providing an opportunity for NOAA and EPA to communicate their
   expectations for State Coastal Zone (CZ) programs.

o  Answering initial questions or issues concerning development and
   implementation.

o  Identifying specific additional state educational and technical
   assistance needs.

Enclosed you will also find a copy of EPA and NOAA's agenda for the
first regional workshop to be held in the Washington, DC area later
this month.  You can expect a similar workshop agenda in your
region.

We urge you to take the initiative to contact your State lead
environmental agency to secure specific details on your regional
meeting.  At the federal level, Extension has secured invitations for
state CES's to participate.  We understand that the invitation will be
forthcoming from your lead State agency to your Director.  It is
uncertain, of course, whether states will issue invitations in a
timely manner, or will issue them at all.

Therefore, it is vital that Extension take an active role in these
workshops.  Word here is that CZ will be the model for
reauthorization of the clean water act.  Extension has a large stake
and a great deal of expertise in many of the issues which will be
discussed at these state meetings.

Please plan to participate.

MITCH WOODWORD
National Program Leader
Soil Science

cc:
M.Johnsrud
A.Weber
V.Jennings
attachments

--
GBlyther
Secretary/Ag. Programs
Room 3340-So. Bldg
202-720-4341

****************************************
                                       *
Mitch Woodward                         *
USDA-Extension Service                 *
National Program Leader-Soil Science   *
3340 South Bldg.                       *
Washington, DC.   20250                *
Phone: (202) 720-4341                  *
  Fax: (202) 720-4730                  *
                                       *
****************************************

****************************************
                                       *
Mitch Woodward                         *
USDA-Extension Service                 *
National Program Leader-Soil Science   *
3340 South Bldg.                       *
Washington, DC.   20250                *
Phone: (202) 720-4341                  *
  Fax: (202) 720-4730                  *
                                       *
****************************************

From [email-masked]  Ukn Jul 26 16:46:10 1993
Posted-Date:         26 Jul 93 16:41:12 EST
To: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Organization: Extension Service, USDA
Date:         26 Jul 93 16:41:12 EST
Subject:      volunteer monitoring
Priority: normal
Status: RO

We had a request from the editor of a national newsletter sponsored
by EPA to tell your story of volunteer monitoring in your area and
how people can get involved.  Include project activities, citizen or
youth groups, and the variety of monitoring techniques used.  Send
direct to Eleanor Ely, Editor; l3l8 Masonic Avenue, San Francisco,
CA  94ll7-4012.   Phone:  (415)255-8049, Fax:  (415)255-0199.

Her publication is quarterly and she is looking for items for the
fall issue of "Volunteer Monitor".

--
Mary Ann Rozum
Program Leader - Water Quality
USDA Extension Service
Room 3344-S
Washington, D.C. 20250-0900
Tel:  202-720-0747
Fax:  202-690-0289
Internet:  [email-masked]

From [email-masked]  Ukn Aug  3 14:36:01 1993
Posted-Date:         3 Aug 93 14:28:31 EST
To: [email-masked]
From: "Andy Weber"  <[email-masked]>
Organization: Extension Service, USDA
Date:         3 Aug 93 14:28:31 EST
Subject:      Water Quality Bills
Priority: normal
Status: RO

To:       State Extension Water Quality Coordinators
          Others interested in this subject

From:     Andy Weber
          Cindy Garman-Squier

Subject:  A Bill before the U.S. Senate (S.1114)
          A Bill before the U.S. House of Representatives
          (H.R.2543)

The content of the major two bills being considered by the U.S.
Congress in the reauthoriztion of the Clean Water Act is
available for your review.  Both are rather long, so we decided
to make them available to you upon your request.  They are stored
electronically in the National Water Quality Information
Management System at Purdue University.

To retrieve the Senate Bill, send an electronic mail request
addressed to:

[email-masked]

In the body of that request include the following one line
message for the Senate bill:

send wq s-1114.bl

(This is a rather long document and will come to you in four
parts--four separate e-mail messages.)

To retrieve the House Bill, send an electronic mail request
addressed to:

[email-masked]

In the body of that mail include the following one line message
for the House bill:

send wq h-2543.bl

(This bill is shorter and will be contained in one message.)

Following is the title and short description of each:

In the Senate:

Water Pollution Prevention and Control Act of 1993.

103D CONGRESS
1ST SESSION

                                   S. 1114

To amend and reauthorize the Federal Water Pollution Control Act,
  and for other purposes.

                             =======================

                      IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

                                June 15, 1993

Mr. BAUCUS (for himself and Mr. CHAFEE) introduced the following
  bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on
  Environment and Public Works

                           =======================

                                    A BILL

To amend and reauthorize the Federal Water Pollution Control Act,
    and for other purposes.

    Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of
the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE; TABLE OF CONTENTS; REFERENCES.

    (a) SHORT TITLE.--This Act may be cited as the "Water
Pollution Prevention and Control Act of 1993".

103D CONGRESS
1ST SESSION

                                  H. R. 2543

To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to establish
  requirements and provide assistance to prevent nonpoint sources
  of water pollution, and for other purposes.

                           =======================

                       IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

                                June 28, 1993

Mr. OBERSTAR introduced the following bill; which was referred
  jointly to the Committees on Public Works and Transportation,
  Merchant Marine and Fisheries, and Agriculture

                           =======================

                                    A BILL

To amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to establish
  requirements and provide assistance to prevent nonpoint sources
  of water pollution, and for other purposes.

  Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of
the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

    This Act may be cited as the "Nonpoint Source Water Pollution
Prevention Act of 1993".

ANDREW WEBER
CHAIR, WATER QUALITY INITIATIVE TEAM
USDA/EXTENSION SERVICE
RM 3344-S
14TH AND INDEPENDENCE AVENUE, S.W.
WASHINGTON, D.C.  20250-0900
phone:  (202)720-5245
fax:    (202)720-4730