Subject: $$$How to get RICH QUICK!!!$$$

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 17:23:03 +0700

IT CAN AND DOES HAPPEN!!
 
 Taking 5 minutes to read what follows can change your life:
 
 HOW MUCH DO YOU SPEND ON LOTTERIES?  AND HOW POOR ARE THE ODDS?
 HOW MUCH DOES $5 BUY AT MCDONALD'S?  AND DO YOU REALLY ENJOY IT?
 HOW MUCH DOES ONE MAGAZINE COST?  MORE THAN THIS DOES MOST LIKELY...
 
 I saw an article in an internet newsgroup telling me I could
 make $50,000 within a month for an investment of only $5.
 Who'd believe that?  It's a scam, right?  Wrong!  
 
 *********************************
 ** Don't go away yet!
 ** READ ON!!!!!!!
 *********************************
 
 I thought it was a huge joke.  I spoke to my wife, attorney
 and friends about it, and they all agreed it was some kind
 of scam.  I can't stand scams, because usually someone gets
 burned, and I didn't want it to be me.  Of course, I rejected
 the idea at first.  After a short period of about two weeks,
 I thought "I have already heard of such things.  But on the 
 Internet?!?".  I decided that even if I had to throw $5 into
 the fire, it wouldn't hurt my wallet that much, and gave it
 a try.  After all my wallet could sure use a LOT more than 
 five dollars.
 
 Two weeks later, I began receiving money in the mail!  I
 could not believe it!  Soon hundreds, and then thousands of
 dollars began to roll in.  Within 4 weeks, I had received a
 total of $32,445!  It came from everywhere in the world.  My
 bank account has changed its "-" into a big "+" (++++)!!! 
 I bought myself a car and things I had wanted for a long, 
 long time for my wife and kids!
 
 If you follow the three steps below, there is no reason why
 the same shouldn't happen to you!  This is a legitimate
 investment opportunity.  You invest $5, and you receive a
 return on your investment.  So does the next investor.  NOT
 ILLEGAL, NOT A CHAIN LETTER- PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE.
 
 If you are not interested, then don't participate, but
 please print this article and pass it on to someone who may
 be interested, so they can take advantage.
 
 The procedure is simple: 
 
 1) Write your name and address on 5 sheets of paper.   
    Below that, write the words, "Please add me to your 
    mailing list." Fold $1 note or bank draft or money 
    order in each piece of paper and mail them to the
    following 5 addresses:

 1.  Peter Lamoure
     18955 Ridgeview Circle
     Villa Park, CA 92861
     *USA*
 
 2.  Mark Knight
     740 W. Meseto
     Mesa AZ, 85210    USA

 3.  Esteban Zugasti
     100 Orange Dr. 
     Chula Vista CA 91911  USA

 4.  Edward Gere
     6705 Ilex Court
     Frederick, Maryland 21774   USA

 5.  Ting M.
     204/22 Jaransanidwong Rd.
     Bangkoknoi BKK 10700 Thailand

2) Now remove the top name from the list, and move the other
    four names up.  In other words, #5 becomes #4 and so on.  
    Put your name as the fifth one on the list.   Use a simple 
    text editor such as Notepad, in your  "accessories" window
    (If you have MS-Windows), or DOS editor.  In fact, any 
    editor will do.
 
 3) Post the article to at least 200 newsgroups.  There are
    17,000, so it shouldn't be hard to find that many.  Try
    posting to as many newsgroups as you can,  and the bigger the
    newsgroup is, the more people are sure to see your message!
 
 You are now in the mail order investment business, and
 should start seeing returns within a week or two.  Of course,
 the more newsgroups you post to, the greater your return is.
 If you wish to remain anonymous, you may use a pseudonym,
 call yourself "The Manager", "The Boss", whatever but make
 sure your address is correct.
 
 Now, here is why the system works:
 
 -Of every 200 posts I made, I received 5 responses.  Yes,
 only 5.  You make $5 for every 200 posts with your name at #5.
 
 -Each person who sent you $1 now also makes 200 additional
 postings with your name at #4.  ie. 1000 postings.  On average
 therefore, 50 people will send you $1 with your name at #4.
 $50.
 
 -Your 50 new agents make 200 postings each with your name at
 #3 or 10,000 postings.  Average return 500 people = $500.
 They make 200 postings each with your name at #2=100,000
 postings=5000 return at $1 each=$5000.
 
 -Finally, 5,000 people make 200 postings with your name at
 #1 and you get a return of $50,000 before your name drops
 off the list.  AND THAT'S IF EVERYONE DOWN THE LINE MAKES 200
 POSTINGS!  Total income in one cycle=$55,000.
 
 From time to time, when you see your name no longer on the
 list, take the latest posting that appears in the newsgroups, 
 and send out another $5, and put your name at #5, and start 
 posting again.  Remember, 200 postings is only a guideline.  
 The more you post, the greater the return.
 
 Let's review why you should do this.  THE ONLY COST IS $5, AND
 5 STAMPS, AND 5 ENVELOPES.  Anyone can afford $5 for such an
 effortless investment with such SPECTACULAR RETURNS.
 
 Some people have said to me, "What happens if the scheme is
 played out and no one sends me any money?"  Big Deal, so you
 lose $5-but what are the chances of that happening??  Do you
 think that NOBODY cares about a LEGAL chance of making such 
 BIG money as $50,000.00????  And all for a microscopic 
 investment of five separate dollars?  Just think of all of 
 the new Internet users that join the net every day!!!
 
 There are millions of internet users, and millions of new
 net surfers every month!  This is the great plus of the
 Internet, people all over the world can hear you and will 
 listen carefully if you talk reasonably.  Everyone will take 
 that chance!  I agree, if it wasn't the Internet, and was a
 small circle of people, the chance wouldn't have been so
 small.  The amount of money had to be 200 times bigger, and
 the chances were zero.  It wouldn't succeed.
 
 But here, on the Internet, it is a giant village, where 
 thousands of new members join every day!  You CAN'T lose!!!
 
 Remember- read the instructions carefully, and play fairly.
 That's the only way this will work.  Get a printout so you
 can refer back to this article easily.
 
 Try to keep a list of everyone that sends you money and
 always keep an eye on the postings to make sure everyone is
 playing fairly.  You know where your name should be.
 
 REMEMBER-HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY.  YOU DO NOT NEED TO
 CHEAT THIS IDEA TO MAKE MONEY!!  BESIDES, NOT PLAYING THE
 GAME FAIRLY IS ILLEGAL.  SO LET'S BE REASONABLE AND PLAY
 FAIRLY, SO WE CAN ALL ENJOY THE INTERNET GOLD MINE.
 
 GOOD LUCK FOR YOU ALL, and remember, play fair and you'll
 win, I don't want to mention what might happen to those who
 won't.   AND AGAIN, SEE YOU NEXT TIME WITH SOMETHING YOU'VE
 WANTED FOR A LONG TIME!!!