Subject: Crop Damages

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 14:50:41 GMT

Hello!

I've posted this request before, but I still need some more info.
I need info on ways to keep animals like deer, bears and birds off crop 
fields.  Any contacts, companies, programs or organizations would be much 
appreciated.  No flames about interfering with wildlife, please! I'm just 
doing a literature review for work.

Shawn Morrison
[email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 10:56:34 +0000

One good method that has recieved cosiderable success, is to find out 
which crops are most desired by the wildlife in question and plant a 
perimeter crop just from them.  They will be greatful and full thus 
leaving your special crops unharmed.  You also get the bonus of a 
wildlife photo opportunity.

The downside of this method is that is requires more land and effort 
for the "sacifice crops".

jbs

---

From: Oz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 21:41:41 +0100

In article <[email-masked]>, Jonathan Simon
<[email-masked]> writes
>for the "sacifice crops".

This doesn't sound too smart to me, but then what do I know.

I would expect all the pest animals for miles around to find and consume
said desirable crop, and when that's all eaten, finish off your veggies.

------------------------------- 
'Oz     "When I knew little, all was certain. The more I learnt,
        the less sure I was. Is this the uncertainty principle?"