Subject: Fried Green Tomatoes

From: [email-masked] ("Ray Warner")
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 16:29:20 GMT

Can anyone tell a simple Brit, whether you can fry (and eat) Green 
Tomatoes. I have something like 25 pounds of tomatoes on the vines, and 
yes I know that many of them will turn red, however, having seen the 
film, and worn the tee-shirt, I would like to taste the recipe. Thanks in 
advance. 

Ray Warner

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 1995 09:18:38 GMT

[email-masked] ("Ray Warner") wrote:

>Tomatoes. >Ray Warner

You can and you should, Ray.  Slice them about 1/4" thick and put the
slices in a paper bag with a handful of corn meal, salt to taste and a
dash of pepper.  Shake the bag to coat the tomato slices.  Fry in hot
oil until just brown, and add a few slices of onion to each batch as
they cook.  Drain well - we like to put them on a platter lined with
paper towel and set them in a warm oven for a few minutes - less oily.

Cook just what you'll eat - they get soggy if left over.  Hope you'll
enjoy them as we do.  Ed Wright - [email-masked]