Subject: LAST CHANCE to vote for POULTRY NEWSGROUP (almost)

From: [email-masked] (Dennis Hawkins)
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 21:55:07 GMT

The vote for the poultry/ratite newsgroup will close tomorrow, Friday,
March 22, 1996.  If you have already voted YES, thank you very much!

Whether you are a poultry fancier, a poultry professional, or you just
plain like chickens and/or ostriches, let me encourage you to vote YES
right away.  Because it takes about 24 hours to receive the necessary
CFV ballot document from the votetaker's mail server, today is just
about the last chance you will have to vote YES for the poultry
newsgroup if you do not already have a copy of the CFV ballot
document.  

If this note is delayed getting to you, please don't let it discourage
you and you should vote YES anyway.  Since you may be living in a
different part of the world than the votetaker, he informs me that he
means UTC time and that all votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC, 22
Mar 1996.

If you would like to vote YES for the poultry newsgroup, you can do so
via email.  Instructions are available on the web page: 
	http://www.afn.org/~afn40110/newsgrp.html
If you are not able to access the web page, please send me email and I
will forward its content to you.  

PLEASE DON'T THINK THAT YOUR YES VOTE WON'T MATTER!!
Every vote counts, assuming that it was cast properly (see web page
for instructions).  More often than not, a newsgroup will fail by just
a narrow margin of votes.  Take the newsgroup proposal for
"comp.databases.filemaker" for example.  It is not related to the
poultry newsgroup in any way, but it makes a good example because it
just failed on March 16, 1996 by THREE votes.  Check the postings in
news.groups for reference.  This is what we DON'T want to see happen
to the poultry newsgroup.

Again, if you have already voted and recieved two confirmations back -
THANK YOU!  If you haven't voted YES, but would like to, please check
out the web page mentioned above for instructions.  If you have any
further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me directly via
email.  I will be checking my email several times a day from now until
the time that the vote closes in order to assist people.

Once again - THANKS!

Dennis Hawkins
[email-masked]

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Vote:
[   YES   ] sci.agriculture.poultry
[   YES   ] sci.agriculture.ratites

VOTE CLOSES MARCH 22, 1996 !!!