Subject: Brown Swiss National Sale (July 12, 1996) Catalog Online -- Web Site Address

From: "Warren E. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Jul 1996 16:08:00 GMT

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE		Contact: Warren E. Clark
				Clark Consulting International, Inc.
				Tel: 847-836-5100
				E-mail: [email-masked]

BROWN SWISS ASSOCIATION
POSTS NATIONAL SALE CATALOG
ON INTERNET

The Brown Swiss Cattle Breeders' Association of America is gearing up for 
another successful national sale with a new twist. This year the 
association is capitalizing on the popularity of the "Information 
Superhighway" to publicize its sale catalog. 

"Our national sale, which will take place at 10:30 a.m., Friday, July 
12th, at Hawkeye Downs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, is one of the first sales 
ever to put its catalog on the Cattle Offerings Worldwide (COW) web 
site," says John Meyer, the association's executive secretary. The sale 
catalog may be found at the following Internet web site address: 
http:/www.cattleofferings.com/brownswiss.htm. 

The association also is publicizing its sale through the print media and 
direct mail. Meyer points out that by promoting the sale on COW, the 
association will be able "to reach potentially many more people than ever 
before." He adds, "We no longer have to rely solely on our own mailing 
lists; a whole new world of customers is available to us because of the 
Internet."

Meyer believes this will be the first of many catalogs the association 
makes available on the Information Superhighway. "By promoting Brown 
Swiss cattle on the Internet more than just traditional Brown Swiss 
breeders will be able to take notice of our breed and develop a keen 
interest in the high-quality cattle we have available for U.S. and 
foreign markets." 

In fact, the Brown Swiss Association regularly posts breed information on 
the COW cattle and genetics Internet database and web site. COW was 
developed by Ben Zaitz, a third generation family dairyman, whose offices 
are in Chapel Hill, N.C., and Purchase, N.Y. Combining his knowledge of 
the cattle business and interest in telecommunications, Zaitz established 
COW to match buyers and sellers of dairy and beef cattle and genetics. He 
likens COW to the multiple listing service (MLS) the real estate industry 
uses to help buyers narrow their search. 

Ten dairy and beef breed associations, for example, currently have 
information on COW. Several private breeders, embryo and semen companies, 
dealers and auctioneers also are on the web site. If someone is scanning 
for cows or embryos on the Internet, that person will find the COW site, 
and  several associations, breeders and embryo transfer companies from 
which to obtain additional information.

"COW is a logical way for buyers and sellers to find each other. Instead 
of having to click on and open hundreds of home pages and read 
information they are not interested in, buyers and sellers can find the 
information they need on one web site," he says. 

However, one does not need a computer to participate. "The beauty about 
COW is that you don't have to have a computer to benefit. You can call 
our toll-free phone number, send a fax or drop us a letter." Zaitz 
explains that buyers and sellers are quickly matched by completing a 
buyer or seller form. The standard form asks them to specify farm name 
and address, breed, type of cattle (spring heifer, baby calves, etc.), 
and so on. When a seller posts embryos or cattle for sale on the COW 
database, interested buyers (or matches) are sent an e-mail, fax or U.S. 
mail notice. Similarly, buyers can use e-mail, fax or mail inquiries to 
find cattle and genetics that meet their needs. 

Zaitz says COW facilitates trading in two ways: COW Data Sites (CDS) and 
Searchable Classified Ads (SCA). The association, breeder or company that 
posts information on the CDS can control and instantly update listings of 
animals, embryo or semen (either for sale or wanted to buy). Moreover, 
COW provides links from the CDS listing to the company's or association's 
home page. This home page may either be located on COW, or elsewhere at 
the COW member's choosing.

An SCAs, which are searchable on-line "Wanted" or "For Sale" ads, not 
only appears on the COW web site (www.cattleofferings.com), but are 
routinely compared with all new CDS listings. All matches are notified 
(via e-mail, fax or mail) during the time the SCA remains on the COW 
Internet database. COW currently is offering the SCAs on a
one-month free trial basis.

Meyer believes services, such as COW, can benefit breed associations and 
their members by disseminating information "more quickly and economically 
than some of the more traditional ways." He also is excited about the 
possibilities of selling cattle via the Internet, "Our customers, who are 
dairy cattle breeders, have the same interest in the Internet as those in 
other avenues of business. As more people become interested in the 
Internet, you can expect those in the dairy business to be part of the 
group."

For more information on Cattle Offerings Worldwide (COW), matching buyers 
and sellers of cattle or genetics, or to request and SCA buy or sell 
listing form, please contact Benjamin J. Zaitz, Cattle Offerings 
Worldwide, Inc. (COW), One Sky Meadow Farm, Purchase, NY 10577. Tel. 
914-253-9050 or toll-free at 1-888-929-5444. Fax: 914-253-9051. E-mail: 
[email-masked]. Or, visit the COW web site at 
www.cattleofferings.com.

-end-

Note: If you would like an e-mail, Word Perfect, or MS Word copy of this 
news
release, contact Warren E. Clark at [email-masked].

SOURCES

John Meyer, Executive Secretary, Brown Swiss Cattle Breeders' Assn. of 
America, P.O.Box 1038, Beloit, WI 53512-1038. Tel. 608-365-4474. Fax: 
608-365-5577.
Website address: http:/www.cattleofferings.com/brownswiss.htm.

Ben Zaitz, President, Cattle Offerings Worldwide, Inc., Matching 
buyers & sellers of cattle & genetics, One Sky Meadow Farm, Purchase, NY 
10577.Tel. 914-253-9050; 888-929-5444. Fax: 914-253-9051. E-mail: 
[email-masked]. 
Website address: http:/www.cattleofferings.com.

---

From: "Warren E. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: 3 Jul 1996 16:22:49 GMT

Cattle Offerings Worldwide, Inc.(COW)
Matching buyers & sellers of cattle & genetics

The web site addresses in the attached news release are correct. However, 
for some reason I can't get them to click directly through to the site.

You may have to type them in...

Brown Swiss July 12th National Sale Catalog
http://www.cattleofferings.com/brownswiss.htm

COW Web Site
http://www.cattleofferings.com

Dairy and beef cattle, embryos & semen

Call toll-free 1-888-929-5444, or e-mail [email-masked] if 
you have any problems, would like to post a free one month trial "Wanted 
to Buy" or "For Sale" searchable classified ad, or would like more 
information having your own COW Data Site...fully searchable, on-line 
inventory of what you have for sale, or would like to buy.

Matches are made by U.S. Mail, fax and e-mail, as well as on the site 
itself.