Subject: Request info on Tomato

From: [email-masked] (Hakan Basagaoglu)
Date: 4 Oct 1996 01:31:53 GMT

Hi everybody,

We have recently developed an analytical model to simulate the fate and
transport of pesticides from soil surface all the way down to unsaturated
and saturated zones until they reach the water supply wells. We would like
to test the model using real world data, preferably from California, and
then compare the result with various other numerical and analytical
methods. We would like to solve the problem first for a single
crop type with various irrigation options. We have selected tomato as a
starting crop type, and decided to apply insecticide (aldicarb) and
herbicides (atrazine and simazine). We have found a couple of paper and
reports on the use of aldicarb for pest control in tomato growth. But
could not reach any paper on application of atrazine and simazine in
tomato growth for pest control purposes. To be able to compare the
performance of other models with our model, we need to compile some
information on the crop (tomato), although those information may vary from
site to site based on various environmental, soil, and climatic factors.
At any rate, we will appreciate it, if you could provide any
information (or acceptable ranges besad on your own experience) or
references.

Maximum interception storage........................
Maximum rooting depth...............................
Maximum height at maturation date...................
Cropping Period.....................................
crop emergence, maturation, and harvest date........
plant uptake factor.................................
Irrigation water requirement........................
How often pesticides have been applied and when.....
(month)

Thanks for your time..
Regards,
Hakan