Subject: Re: Affordable Southwest Living- Buyer BEWARE

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 02:56:14 GMT

[email-masked] (David Horak) wrote:

>In <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:

>>>I currently have parcels of ranch land in Southwest Texas which I will
>>>sell for as little as $50 per acre, and houses in a small rural community
>>>for as little as $15,000.  MANY properties under $20,000 with easy
>>>financing.  If you are ready to escape from civilization and live in
>>>the most remote wilderness of the Southwestern US, here is your
>>>opportunity.  For a free brochure:

>>>http://www.bigbend.com/ranches

>>Folks- if you've nevery been to west Texas-- better go visit before
>>you buy.  It's the only place I've been where it can be pouring down
>>rain and still have dust blowing into your face.
>>Refernce -the song:
>>"Happiness is Lubbock, Texas in my rear view mirror!"
>>The man knew of what he spoke.
>>There are alot of towns in the western part of Texas where you can get
>>a nice house for 15-20,000.  The problem is there are no jobs, and
>>nobody willing to buy that house 5 years from now when you've decided
>>you can't take it anymore.  Besides- Texas is a country onto it's own
>>and the laws are really strange.
>>From someone who lived in Lubbock for five years.
>>What a fool I was- but I have repented and learned my lesson.

>The original poster of this it referring to SOUTHwest Texas, which is
>a far cry from the flat, boring land of Lubbock.  It may be just as
>dusty as Lubbock but is much more interesting!

>David

Be aware that any land in the Big Ben area may have maintenance fees
that continue long after your gone. The price might be right but so
called maintenance fees can be as much as $500 per year.
Read the fine print.