Subject: Re: ? About Solid Waste Recycling

From: [email-masked] (Perry Spiller)
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 1995 08:47:37 GMT

[email-masked] (Douglas Pager) wrote:

>What technology is available on the market to treat, purify and/or recycle 
>solid livestock waste?  I'm looking for options to fertilization.  I'm 
>not a farmer I'm a writer researching the question for an off-shore 
>enterprise.  Anybody know of any science-on-the-fringe applications 
>that are currently on the market?  TIA.  You may e-mail me directly, if 
>you like.

Conversion of animal manure to a fertiliser fills many tomes in many
countries. There's some upbeat technology around, ranging from
mechanical to biological and bacterial "reduction." Scan a few
editions of ACRES USA (Kansas City), checking the adverts - there used
to me several technology suppliers listed therein.

Had you thought of bio-gas digesters? Fuel AND fertiliser! These are
all over the world, ranging from really high tech, to grass roots,
developing country stuff.

The paradox in all this is that many people desparately seel animal
manure as a essential ingredient in compost making. Yet other parts of
the world (eg. Netherlands) have a major over-supply problem, to the
point that the stuff attracts a tax as it's a major pollution causer.

And so on...

---

From: [email-masked] (Joe Adams)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 22:30:53 GMT

>that are currently on the market?  TIA.  You may e-mail me directly, if 

The company I am working for has developed a mechancial press to
remove the liquid from manure.  After treatment the manure can be used
as compos, bedding, or other uses.  The liquid can be re-used for
flushing, sent to lagoons etc.  In general we can process all the
frams waste in hours.  If you want further info feel free to contact
me.

[email-masked]  (Joe Adams)