Subject: WI DEPT of AG Sponsors Industrial Hemp Forum

From: [email-masked] (John Birrenbach)
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 1995 08:28:15 -0500

WISCONSIN DEPT OF AGRICULTURE SPONSORS CONFIDENTIAL HEMP FORUM
TO BE HELD IN BLOOMINGTON MINNESOTA OCT 19 & 20, 1995

THIS WAS LEAKED TO US, so we are passing it on to you.

FOR COPIES OF THIS COVER LETTER AND AGENDA PLEASE CHECK OUT OUR
WWW SITE  http://www.winternet.com/~insthemp and check the NEW ITEMS
area.  Kept in a JPEG format about 90K per page 2 pages.

FROM: Erwin A "Bud" Sholts, Director
Agricultural Development & Diversification (ADD)
Division of Marketing
Wisconsin Department of Agriculture
2811 Agriculture Dr
Madison, WI  53704-5777
608-224-5135
608-224-5110 FAX
[email-masked]  EMAIL

TO:  Industrial Uses Forum Invitees

September 11, 1995

SUBJECT:  North American Industrial Hemp Forum (NAIHF), Fall 1995

The Industrial Uses Forum is scheduled for Thursday, October 19 and
Friday October 20, 1995 at the Holiday Inn Airport 1-35 West, 1201
West 94th Street, Bloomington, Minnesota 55431; Telephone
612-884-8211; Fax 612-881-5575 in the Oxboro room, (NOTE: There are 2
Holiday Inn Facilities in Bloomington).  Lodging and meals are on
your own.  A Block of rooms for the "Industrial Uses Forum" are
reserved until September 27, 1995 at the rate of $16/single and
$71/double.  The Holiday Inn does provide an airport shuttle service.
 Call from the airport near the baggage claim area when you arrive,
but before you claim your baggage to allow for their shuttle travel
time.

The forum agenda and a CONFIDENTIAL invitation list is enclosed. 
Discussion initiators for agenda topics are listed.  We have not
finalized all presenters.  We will do so in the near future and a
final program format will be available at the forum.  We are looking
for input from all participants.  Feel free to network with anyone on
the attacked list.  If you wish to be a presenter, let me know.  Also
bring any papers, research summaries or project samples, you feel
that can add to the program.

The purpose and mission of this forum is to develop a strategy for
commercialization of industrial hemp in the neat future.

Please confirm your attendance with me by October 6 for facility
planning.  If you have any address changes or additions to the list,
or if you have questions contact myself or any member of the steering
committee.  (The steering committee members are noted by tow
asterisks on the invitation list.)

I look forward to meeting all of you.

Enclosures:

Enclosure: A

North American Industrial Hemp Forum (NAIHF)
Strategies for Commercialization

Thursday October 19 & Friday October 20, 1995

Holiday Inn Airport I-35 West
1201 West 94th Street
Bloomington, Minnesota  55431

AGENDA

Thursday, October 19, 1995 - Day 1

8:30 AM    

1.  Welcome/Introduction - Erwin "Bud" Sholts

2.  Overview - Status of Industrial Hemp
 - Ken Friedman
 - Gero Leson

3.  Markets for Industrial Hemp
 - Barry Davis
 - Matt Rodman
 - Owen Sercus 

4. Current Initiatives
 - Senator Lloyd Casey - Colorado
 - Gordon Reichert - Canada
 - Gale Clenn - Kentucky

5.  Cost Effectiveness - Hemp vs Traditional & Alternative Crops
 - Gordon Reichert
 - Geof Kime

6. New Uses Non-Food & Industrial Products
 - Jeffery Gain
 - David Morris
 - Andy Kerr

7. Research/Genetic Marketing
 - Pro - Paul Mahlberg, Robert Steele
 - Con - David West, Robert Clark

5 pm  
8.  ADJOURN

Friday, October 20, 1995 - Day 2
Session Leaders:  Jeffrey Gain, David Morris, Andy Kerr

8:30 am 
 1. Barriers to Commercialization - Summary

 2. Strategies for Future Action
 
 3. News Release

1 pm  
 4. ADJOURN

 ------------------This message is brought to you by:-------------------
 --     The Institute for Hemp   PO Box 65130 St Paul, MN  55165      --
 --   e-mail: [email-masked]     Phone/Fax  612-222-2628      --
 --  Since 1989 Providing Accurate Info About Hemps Commercial Uses   --
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 --              THREE SITES ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB                    -- 
 -- OUR HOME SITE IS http://www.winternet.com/~insthemp/              -- 
 --         OR YOU CAN TRY ONE OF OUR MIRROR SITES                    --
 --         http://hemp.org/INSTHEMP/i4hemp.html                      --
 --        http://fornits.com/curiosity/insthemp/                     --
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
 -- "Make the Most of the Hemp Seed, Sow it Everywhere" G.Washington  --
 --   "Without a doubt, Hemp will continue to be one of the Staple    --
 --   Agricultural Crops in the United States" L.Dewey, USDA, 1916    --
-HEMP-FOR-VICTORY--HEMP-FOR-VICTORY--HEMP-FOR-VICTORY--HEMP-FOR-VICTORY-