Subject: Re: A Russian economist seeks info concerning agribusiness...

From: [email-masked] (Des Donnelly)
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 1995 00:44:13 GMT

"Mikhail Abakumov" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>The general problem I work with here is the financial management in
>agribusiness. My special interest is 'the information provision of the
>financial management'. (It's the theme of my Master dissertation here.  I
>hope to obtain Master degree in this theme.) 

You may find the following URL's of interest in this regard:
http://bhargava.as.nps.navy.mil/www/hkb/research/dss.html
http://ponderosa.is.monash.edu.au/~podonnel/dss.html
http://www.lumina.com/lumina/DA.html
http://dnet.as.nps.navy.mil/dnet/dnetmenu.html
http://www.euridis.fbk.eur.nl/Euridis/html/organization.html

These are all about decision support research as related to financial
management

>We try to use new information
>technologies (like global computer nets) to find for new (foreign) trade
>partners, to find for information to make financial decisions and so on.
>So my questions are: can I and how can I participate in any program
>that would fulfill my purposes? Are there any appropriate exchange
>programs anywhere?

There are a number of programmes under way which may be of interest

The UK JICNAP scheme
under this scheme British companies offer free management experience
to suitably qualified english speaking managers for 4 weeks, travel
and certain other costs are met by the programme. Contact the British
Council on 44-171-389-4076 44-171-389-4090 (fax) on indeed the British
Council in St Petersburg or Moscow, sorry I do not have their Russian
location details.

Also the US programme at:
<LI><A HREF="http://www.itaiep.doc.gov/sabit/sabit.html>The Special
American Business Internship Training (SABIT) Program</A>

There are also programmes under the European Union TACIS programme,  I
do not have the details at hand, but TACIS is an ongoing programme and
contact can be made through the European Union office.

------------------------------
> I could send concrete questions 
Please email directly with any questions you may have.
------------------------------
The following URL may also be of interest:
<A HREF="http://www.itaiep.doc.gov/bisnis/bisnis.html"> BISNIS
On-Line</A>  the home page for the Department of Commerce's Business
Information Service for the Newly Independent States (BISNIS)
-----------------------------
<LI><A HREF="http://solar.rtd.utk.edu/friends/home.html">RUSSIAN</A>
Friends and Partners Program
-----------------------------
A HREF="http://www.unicc.org/untpdc/incubator/rus/tpspb/tpspb.htm">
Trade Point St.Petersburg</A>

This is the URL for the St P Trade Point.  Trade Points are an
initiative of the United Nations and they offer the faility to upload
offers to buy/sell and requests for co-operation.

Please email me directly if you are considering some form of
partnership with a Western company, I may have a client who is
interested.

Hope this is of some help

Regards
Des Donnelly
--
[email-masked] (Des Donnelly)
Tel:(44)166-277-1564 Fax:(44)166-277-1111
Central and East Euro Info and Grants.
---

---

From: [email-masked] (Michael Gray)
Date: 16 Oct 1996 14:34:22 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, "Mikhail Abakumov" <[email-masked]> says:

Mikhail
I am an agricultural consultant with specialism in the dairy industry.
I've just completed a report on the Russion dairy sector. Although I know 
of no exchange places which you requested, I thought you may be interested
to pick the brains of a market economist. 

Yours 

Michael Gray
EuroAgriNet
Scotland