Subject: DESTRUCTION

From: [email-masked] (SHOCK MEDIA)
Date: Thu, 02 May 96 22:51:46 GMT

sHOCK mEDIA (mAY iSSUE)

http://www.ipgnet.com/~jun/media/

Special Segment 

                                             Pulp Fiction 

               Everyday, an area of tropical forest the size of Great Britain
               is destroyed. The UN estimates that up to 250 species are
               wiped out of existence every 24 hours through human
               activity. 

               The Japanese are some of the biggest enviro-crooks on the
               planet. They are clear cutting huge areas in Asia and in the
               America's. They have built the first road leading into the
               western sector of the Amazon region. The road leads
               through the Andes and for the first time opens up prime and
               previously untouched jungle for slashing on the west side.
               The wood is then shipped to Lima and then via ship to
               Japan where little elves process them for expensive exports.

               Previously, the Wall of China was the only visible
               man-made object from space. Now there are two items,
               the Chinese Wall and a huge black cloud of smoke
               permanently situated over Brazil's quickly disappearing
               Amazon jungle. 

               In Europe, everything has been logged and the ragged
               remains are rotting in acid rain. They, like the Japanese, get
               their wood elsewhere, like from North America. We in
               Canada sell them A grade lumber and keep the pressboard
               grade for domestic use. 

               Cowboy Timber Junkies in North America are the happiest
               lumberjacks you ever saw (no pun intended). They are so
               dedicated that they've in the meantime razed 95 (that's
               ninety-five) percent (%) of prime forest in the USA and are
               greedily hacking away at whatever is left in Canada. The
               last old growth forest in the province of Ontario for example
               is doomed now that political criminals recently let the
               lumber mafia chop it down. Half of it is gone, the other half
               will probably be gone by the time you read this. 

               Gangsters throughout Canada are destroying the land and
               everything on it. Some of the most hideous criminals in the
               eastern part of Canada have the nerve to call themselves
               "The Tree Growing Company". These crooks should be
               metaphorically hung by their vital parts. 

               The charge? : Crimes against humanity through reckless
               negligence leading to the destruction of the environment. 

               Unfortunately nobody in the Maritimes has the guts to
               confront the local mafia because they have ugly little babies
               to feed. Having families to feed is the excuse of choice
               when it comes to hankering for work in non-sustainable and
               highly destructive industries like the global lumber scam
               sector. That is because most of us are puppets of our
               instincts, reduced to greedy breeders more for egoistic
               reasons than anything else. 

               In the meantime, "la belle province" of New Brunswick is
               beginning to resemble a lunar landscape. Clear cutting as far
               as the eye can see. It is a terrible crime against humanity
               and the criminal mafia, in this case the Irving family, should
               be dealt with accordingly. They can be located in St.John
               NB, a town that stinks so bad it leaves a greasy film on
               your windshield. It comes from their very own centrally
               located pulp mill, which incidentally, is truly a sight to
               behold. 

               They seem to enjoy simmering in their own filth and stink. It
               is what they represent. 

               The genetically engineered mono-culture plants,(so-called
               trees), which are the backbone of the reforestation lie, are
               sucking the nutrients out of the soil, a development reflected
               in the stunted size of the latest batches destined for the pulp
               mills. The province is beginning to look downright ugly,
               thanks to the main employer from hell. 

               Citizens refuse to act because they are themselves bereft of
               any courage and conviction about the essence of their
               existence in any sustainable sense. Our forests are quickly
               becoming a thing of the past. 

               To the whiners of the future: WE ALL KNEW BUT DID
               NOTHING.