Subject: Re: US WHEAT CROP CONDITION?

From: [email-masked] (Bruce Konen)
Date: 16 Mar 1996 18:07:35 GMT

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] says...
>
>I am interested`from hearing from farmers on the ground re the 
condition 
>of their wheat. Is it as bad as the USDA figures indicate?
I am located in the Pacific Northwest and wheat looks good in our 
region. I did attend a National Association of Wheat Growers meeting a 
month ago. The wheat commissions from Texas and Oklahoma felt that they 
had many acres of winter wheat that were beyond the point of recovery. 
They are not a good region for spring wheat, so they are likely to try 
replanting to crops other than wheat this spring. It should be noted 
that wheat which is torn out and replaced with other crops will 
disappear from future wheat condition reports as those acres are 
transfered to other crop acre reports.

Bruce

---

From: Glenn Hepworth <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Mar 1996 16:20:05 GMT

Dear Janet:

Iwould appreciate all the information on karnal bunt that you have.

                                            Thank You