Subject: IT ONLY TAKE FIVE MINUTE ... AND IT WORKS!�!

From: "johnr" <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Sep 1996 14:11:52 GMT

Taking 5 minutes to read this text may be one of the best decisions you
ever made.

IT'S ALL ABOUT HONESTY. AND YOUR ABILITY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!

I saw this article in an Internet Newsgroup telling me that I could make
$50,000 within 4 weeks for an investment of only $5. At first I thought
that this was a joke,  but as I read on, I thought to myself that this
might just work.  I contacted a few of my friends and told them about this
article, they all thought that I was crazy for believing that I could get
rich with an investment of only $5. They all laugh and carried on.  Later
on that week I decided to go on with it... I figure that all I maybe losing
is $5, the minimum which I usually spend on lottery each week.  I realize
that I take a chance each week playing the lottery, which I never win...so
why not take a chance now...I follow the instruction in the article and
just like they promise...in the boundary of two weeks, I started receiving
money $$$ by mail and it kept on coming and coming, I could not believe it!
Hundreds of dollars turned into thousands!    

The way this worked was that I sent $1 by mail to each of 5 names and
addresses specified in the article. I then placed my own name and address
in the article and posted it in 200 other Newsgroups.

TWO WEEK LATER, The hundreds turned to $22,277... more money than I ever
dreamed of making playing the lottery.

BELIEVE ME, If you follow the 3 steps below, there is no reason whatsoever
why the same shouldn't happen to you. This is a perfectly legitimate
investment opportunity. You invest $5 and you receive a return on your
investment. So does the next investor.

MAY I ALSO REMIND YOU THAT:
      
      1: THIS NOT ILLEGAL
      2: NOT A CHAIN LETTER 
      3: IT 'S PERFECTLY LEGITIMATE!

OBVIOUSLY, IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED, THEN DON'T PARTICIPATE. BUT PLEASE
PRINT THIS ARTICLE AND GIVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO MAY WISH TO TAKE AVANTAGE OF
THIS OPORTUNITY.

The procedure is very simple.

STEP 1. Write your name and address on 5 separate pieces of paper with the
words
              "PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST". Fold a $1 note or money
              order or bank draft in each of the pieces of paper and mail
them to the
              following five addresses:

              1. GREG CARROLL, 3658 MAURICE AVE, FT. WORTH, TX 76111 USA
              2. MIKE BUREK, 2007 SUNNY BROOK DRIVE, AUSTIN, TX 78723-3451 
                 USA
              3. TODD FOGGOA, 75 COURTNEY RD, DARTMOUTH, NS B3A4C3         
         CANADA
              4. RASHAD.A, P.O.BOX 1311 STATION H MONTREAL,PQ H3G 2N3
              5. JOHN P. RUBEN, 56 SMITH STREET, STAMFORD, CT  06902
     
STEP 2. Now remove the 1st name on the list, move the other 4 names up  
             (5 becomes 4, 4 becomes 3 etc.) and put your name and address
as                                                     number 5 on the
list. You can do this by re-typing this article or simply                  
                      editing and re-posting it in this or another
Newsgroup.

STEP 3. Post your amended article to at least 200 new groups (there are
             17 000 of them).

You are now in the Mail Order Investment Business and you will start
receiving $1 returns by mail within a week or two. The more Newsgroups
you post to, the bigger your return will be. You may want to rent a Post
Office Box to handle the volume of mail you are likely to receive.

If you wish to remain anonymous, you can use a pseudonym such as
"The Manager" or "The Investor", but make sure your address is correct!

              NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SYSTEM WORKS!

Of every 200 postings I made, I received an average of 5 replies, YES -
ONLY 5, each with a $1 bill enclosed. You make $5 for every 200
postings WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 5.

Each person who sent you $1, now also makes let's say, only 200
additional postings WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 4, i.e. 1000 postings.
On average therefore, 50 people will send you $1 with your name at
number 4. You make $50.

Your 50 new agents make 200 posting each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 3
or 10 000 postings - average return 500 at $1 each is $500. They
make 200 postings each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 2 = 100 000 postings
= 5 000 returns at $1 each = $5 000.

Finally, 5 000 people make 200 postings each WITH YOUR NAME AT NUMBER 1
and you get a return of $50 000 before you name drops off the list.
AND THAT'S IF EVERYONE DOWN THE LINE ONLY MAKES 200 POSTINGS! Total

income in one cycle = $55 500.

>From  time to time, when your name is no longer on the list, you take
the latest posting that is appearing in the Newsgroups, SEND OUT
ANOTHER $5 TO THE NAMES THAT ARE ON THE LIST, PUT YOUR NAME IN
AT NUMBER 5 AND START POSTING AGAIN. Remember, 200 postings is only
a guideline. The more you post, the greater the return.

Let's review the reasons why you should do this: THE ONLY COST FACTORS
ARE 5 STAMPS, 5 ENVELOPES, AND 5 $1 BILLS. Anyone can afford five
dollars to put into such an effortless investment with SPECTACULAR
RETURNS.

Some people have said to me "What happens if the scheme is 'played
out' and no one sends me any money"? Big deal! So you lose $5 - but
what are the chances of that happening?

Do you realize how many Internet Users there are? Do you realize how
many times this scheme can be utilized over and over again - with
COMPLETELY NEW people participating?

There are not HUNDREDS, NOT EVEN THOUSANDS, BUT HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF
NEW INTERNET USERS EVERY MONTH!

Remember, read the instructions carefully and play FAIRLY...that's
the only way this will work. Get a printout so you can refer back
to this article easily.

Try to keep a list of everyone that sends you money and always keep
an eye on the Newsgroup postings to make sure everyone is playing
fairly. You know where your name should be.

REMEMBER - HONESTY IS THE BEST POLICY.

ENJOY!

---

From: [email-masked] (Tom Davis Revenue Officer)
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 00:18:19 GMT

>Taking 5 minutes to read this text may be one of the best decisions you

but then again, maybe not...

>IT'S ALL ABOUT HONESTY. AND YOUR ABILITY TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!

Actually its all about greed, and not giving a second thought about
what a news group is for.

>              5. JOHN P. RUBEN, 56 SMITH STREET, STAMFORD, CT  06902
Just think for a minute what would happen if this was sent to the IRS.
I think I will start forwarding these 1000's of postings to the IRS.
Better yet if I put their address on the bottom of the list at spot
number 5, what would happen.....

---

From: Dale Stank - Staff <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 18:38:49 -0400

I really don't care if you say it's not a chain letter, IT IS.  Not only
is it illegal, it is immoral to prey on the purient interests of those
less fortunate than yourself.  I only hope that you realize that this
"scheme" to use your word is harmful to those it is aimed at.

---

From: Sheldon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 02:17:50 -0700

Take five minutes to read this and it WILL change your life!!

I just read an article in an internet newsgroup describing how to
make $50,000.00 in only one month from a $5.00 investment.

Of course I thought this was rediculous, or some type of pyramid.
I talked it over with my family, and attorney, and my friends, and
they all agreed it was some sort of scam.  I hate scams becuase usually 
someone gets burned, and I didn't want it to be ME!
I blew it off for a few weekgs then saw another one in a newsgroup I go
to a lot and thought, "Maybe this IS legitimate!".
Besides, what's $5.00, I spend more than that in the morning on my way
to work on coffee and cigs for the day.

Well, two weeks later, I began receiving money in the mail!  I couldn't
believe it!  Not just a little, I mean big bucks!  At first only a few
hundred dollars, then a week later, a couple of thousand, then BOOM!
By the end of the fourth weekm I had received nearly $47,000.00.  It 
came form all over the world.  And every bit of it perfectly leagal and 
on the up and up.  I've been able to pay off all my bills and still had 
enough left over for a nice vacation for me and my family.

Not only does it work for me, it works for other folks as well.
Markus Valppu says he made $57,883 in FOUR WEEKS!!  Dave Manning claims
he made $52,664 in the same amount of time.  Dan Shepstone says it was
only $17,000 for him.  Do I know these folks?  No, but when I read how
they say they did it, it made sense to me.  Enough sense that I'm taking
a similar chance with $5 of my own money.  Not a big chance, I admit--but
one with incredible potential, because $5 is all anyone ever invests in
this system.  PERIOD!  That's all Markusm Dave or Dan incestedm yet their
$5 netted them tens of thousands of dollars each, in a safe, legal, 
completely legitimate way.  

Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:

STEP 1.

Invest your $5 by writing your name and address on five separate pieces
of paper along with the words, "PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR MAILING LIST."
(In this way, you're not just sending a dollar to someone; you're paying
for a legitimate service.)  Fold a $1 bill, money order, or bank note 
inside each paper, and mail then by standard U.S. Mail to the following
five addresses:

1. Vic Williams
   14307 Virtue Rd.
   Lenoir City, Tn. 37772

2. Bill Brown
   148 South Downlen #796
   Beaumont, Tx. 77707

3. Marco Monet
   409 N.E. 107 St.
   Miami, Florida, USA 33161

4. BW           
   11 West Seneca Circle          
   Geneseo, NY 14454     

5. S. Levin            
   9801 Stonelake Blvd. #732      
   Austin, Tx. 78759 

STEP 2.

   Now remove the top name from the list, and move the other names up.
   This way, #5 becomes #4 and so on.  Put YOUR NAME in as the fifth
   one on the list!

STEP 3.
   Post the article to at least 200 newsgroups.  There are at least 
   17,000 newsgroups at any given moment in time.  Try posting to as
   many newsgroups as you can.  Remember, the more newsgroups you post
   to, the more people will see your article and send YOU cash!

STEP 4.

   You are now in business for yourself, and should start seeing returns
   within 7 to 14 days!  Remember, the internet is new and huge.  There
   is NO WAY you can lose.

   Now here is how and why this system works:

   Out of every block of 200 posts I made, I got back 5 responses.  Yes,
   that's right, only 5.  You make $5.00 in cash, not checks or money 
   orders, but real cash with your name at #5.

   Each additional person who sent you $1.00 now also makes 200 
   additional postings with your name at #4, 1000 postings!  On average
   then, 50 people will send you $1.00 with your name at #4,....$50.00
   in your pocket!

   Now those 50 new people will make 200 postings each with your name at 
   #3 or 10,000 postings.  Average return, 500 people= $500.  They make
   200 postings each with your name at #2= $100,000.  Postings=5,000
   returns at $1.00 each=$5,000.00 in CASH!!

   Finally, 5,000 people make 200 postings each with your name at #1 and 
   you get a return of $50,000 before your name drops off the list.  And
   that's only if everyone down the line makes only 200 postings!

   As you can see, the potential of earning a lot of money for only $5 is 
   great!!  But, in order for it to work, you must follow the    
instructions and send your money.  The internet is huge, let's all       
take advantage of it and help each OTHER out!
 
   GOOD LUCK...and enjoy your new found wealth!

---

From: Shooky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 08:29:07 -0700

Please ignore my previous post.  It was sent in error.

Thank you