Subject: Livestock Guardian Dogs

From: savaskan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 22:28:09 -0700

Reservations are now being taken for our winter '96 litter of quality 
Anatolian Shepherd Dogs.  We are particularly interested in finding 
quality working homes where predation is an existing problem.  They are 
known to deter predators such as bear, mountain lions, wolves, coyotes, 
birds of prey, bobcats, weasels, and other small predators as well as 
attacks by domestic dogs. Though bred for protecting sheep and goats, 
they will guard anything from small toy and terrier dog breeds to 
poultry, llama, ostriches and other exotics depending on puppy 
socialization. Dogs accept children as part of their "flock", but not a 
"kids dog". Not a breed for everyone - they are independent, 
intelligent, protective, and very large.

ASDCA and AKC Registered Puppies
Health Guarantees, Written Contracts
Full Health Disclosures, 
Puppies will be socialized with Children, Horses, Goats, Poultry and 
other domestic dogs and cats 

Home checks, references, and a detailed questionnaire response are 
required. 
NO brokers, pet stores, or puppymills
Breed Information Available

Savaskan Anatolians	
[email-masked]
http://www.electriciti.com/~savaskan/homepage.html

---

From: [email-masked] (Janet & John Wintermute)
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 13:12:22 GMT

>http://www.electriciti.com/~savaskan/homepage.html

The Animal Damage Control (ADC) branch of my employer, USDA's Animal
and Plant Health Inspection Service, actively promotes the use of
livestock-guarding dogs for predator control.  We have a
black-and-white brochure on this subject and would be happy to supply
free copies for you to give away to your purchasers.  Please send me
your snail-mail address if you're interested in the brochure.

I believe we're in the process of reprinting it but should have plenty
of copies for you and also interested individuals in the newsgroup.

--Janet Wintermute
Writer/Editor, USDA/APHIS Legislative and Public Affairs