Subject: Re: Cotton Production Forecast 1995-6

From: [email-masked] (Janet Wintermute)
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 1995 17:04:35 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:

>Where can I find information on the cotton production forecast for 1995-6. 
>Your help will be appreciated.

>thanks

Howdy, Joe.  Drop in or visit by telephone with your county extension
agent.  He/she can be found listed in the blue pages of the phone book
under "U.S. Government," subheading "U.S. Department of Agriculture."
If it's an older phone book, look under "Extension Service."  In a
newer book, try "Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension
Service."  USDA reorganized in 1994-95 and the old stand-alone
Extension Service is now part of a bigger entity.

The county agent will help you get the stats you need.  They are
compiled by either the old Economic Research Service or the National
Agricultural Statistics Service, both USDA agencies.  ERS has probably
changed its name, too.  I believe it is the correct source (NASS being
mostly about tabulating current and past numbers, not projecting
future numbers).  But since I don't have my USDA phone book here at
home, I'm afraid to be more specific about ERS'  moniker today.

If you are unable to connect with the county agent for any reason,
phone me Thursday, Oct. 5, at my office (301 734-4424) and I will
check the big book.  Or e-mail me at my business address
[email-masked]
and we'll go from there.

Cordially yours,

Janet Wintermute
Editor
USDA, Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service