Subject: Agritech Spring '96 Details -- May 12-16 -- Tel Aviv, Israel

From: "Warren E. Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Mar 1996 16:17:57 GMT

Agritech Spring '96
by Clark Consulting International, Inc.
on behalf of the Government of Israel Economic Mission
Contact: Warren E. Clark e-mail: [email-masked]

Tens of Thousands of International Visitors 
Will Visit Showcase for New Ag Technology:
Agritech Spring '96 -- May 12-16, 1996
Tel Aviv, ISRAEL
http://shani.net/agritech/

Thousands of agricultural producers and agribusiness representatives will 
visit the May 12- 16, Agritech Spring '96 showcase of new Israeli ag 
technology in Tel Aviv, Israel. Staying in tune with the latest product 
and service developments that may influence today's agribusiness is a 
challenge. Sometimes it takes looking outside the typical marketing 
channels to come up with a new idea for a product or service that will 
help move a company to the next level of profitability. The Government of 
Israel Economic Mission in North America invites agriculturalists to 
visit Agritech Spring '96 and take a look at new technology that isn't 
yet available in the U.S. marketplace.

May 12-16 is Agritech Spring '96 in Tel Aviv, Israel. This is the 
showcase for Israel's world- renowned agricultural technology and 
integrated solutions. It is the 13th tri-annual event for Israel's 
dynamic and inventive agronomists and manufacturers to exhibit what they 
do best -- generate new ideas in modern and super-intensive agriculture, 
the latest technology, and complete system-solutions for today's 
intensive agribusiness climate.

Total Solutions For Agribusiness. Representatives of Israel's 
world-leading agro-technology companies will be on hand to discuss all 
aspects of business-oriented agriculture. Agritech Spring '96 is the 
venue for developing complete turnkey projects and joint ventures, 
including consultancy, technology, implementation and marketing.

Latest In Agricultural Technology. Agritech Spring '96 features the very 
latest Israeli technology for field and fruit crops, poultry and dairy 
farming, greenhouse cultivation, aquaculture, and many other sectors of 
modern agriculture.

Congresses & Workshops. Agritech Spring '96 is also the venue for 
congresses and workshops on water and irrigation, greenhouse technology, 
agroecology, agbiotech, plant protection, and dairy farming. See the 
attached conference schedule.

Visitors from the U.S.A. will receive a warm welcome at the Foreign 
Visitor's Center, and are cordially invited to take advantage of foreign 
visitor services at Agritech Spring '96. Professional tours and meetings 
with manufacturers of your choosing may be arranged. There is also an 
exciting entertainment and hospitality program planned for foreign 
visitors. 

Travel to Israel and special interest excursions may be obtained from 
Israel's El Al airlines for very attractive rates. Call 1-800-223-6700. A 
special travel package to Agritech'96 has also been arranged by 
America-Israel-Africa tours. For details contact Eliana Moses at 
1-800-884-5144.

Specific questions regarding Agritech Spring '96 may be directed to Beth 
Belkin, Communications Manager, Government of Israel Economic Mission, 
800 Second Ave., NY, NY 10017, tel. (212) 499-5628, fax. (212) 499-5615, 
or e-mail: [email-masked].  

-end- 

Agritech Spring '96 Exhibition and Conferences
Israel's 13th International Agricultural Exhibition, organized by the  
Ministry of Agriculture, the Israel Export Institute and the Kibbutz  
Industries Association, is the showcase for Israel's dynamic and  
inventive agronomists and manufacturers to exhibit what they do best  new 
ideas in modern and super-intensive agriculture, the latest  technology, 
and complete programs for today's agri-business person.
REGISTRATION
Saturday; May 11th, 1996 between the hours 7PM-10PM at official hotels. 
Sunday; May 12th, 1996 between the hours 8:30AM-11AM at official hotels; 
May 12-16, 1996 each day between the hours 9AM-9PM at the Tel Aviv 
Convention Center.
VISITING HOURS
*  Sunday; May 12th, 1996 1PM-9PM Overseas visitors only
*  May 13-15, 1996
       o  10AM-4PM Overseas visitors only
       o  4PM-9PM Overseas visitors & General Public
*  May 16th, 1996 10AM-7PM Overseas visitors & General Public
OFFICIAL OPENING CEREMONY
Monday; May 13th, 1996 at 8 PM at the Amphitheater in the
Tel Aviv Convention Center.
Agritech '96 Exhibition - Entrance and Shuttle Bus Service
Free of charge for Overseas visitors only.
CONFERENCES
THE 7th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON WATER & IRRIGATION
May 13-16, 1996
    *  Irrigation Technology
    *  Irrigation and Fertilization in Greenhouses
    *  Irrigation in Arid Conditions
    *  Irrigation and the environment
    *  Management of Water Resources
    *  Irrigation Control
    *  Water Use in the Urban Sector
 
 Price: US$340
--------------------------------------------------------------------

MEDITERRANEAN NETWORK OF POLYMER SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY - INTERNATIONAL 
CONFERENCE ON ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT OF POLYMERIC MATERIALS
May 12-16, 1996
    *  Plastics in Agriculture: in Greenhouse Coverings, in Produce
        Packaging, Polymers for Controlled Release of Fertilizers &
        Pesticides, Plastic Films for Pest Control, Irrigation Technology
   *  Water Treatment
Prices: Until April 1, 1996 - US$300$ (75$ for each accompanying person), 
>From  April 2, 1996 -US$350
 --------------------------------------------------------------------
2ND AGRO-ECOLOGY SYMPOSIUM INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT: 
FROM THE DRAWING BOARD TO THE MARKET
May 15-16 1996 
The symposium will review professional and marketing aspects.
    *  Principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
    *  The Texas IPM Program
    *  IPM in Evergreen Orchards in Israel
    *  IPM in Deciduous Fruit Orchards
    *  Area wide IPM Programs in Israel
    *  The Role of Commercial Biological Control in IPM
    *  IPM Labeling & Marketing.
 Price: US$300
--------------------------------------------------------------------
BANANA FROM TEST-TUBE TO THE FIELD:
On the issue of Growing Tissue Culture Bananas in Tropical and Areas
May 14, 1995
    *  Genetic Engineering in Bananas
    *  Somaclonal Propagation in Bananas
    *  Meristemtic Propagation
    *  Fertilization
    *Irrigation
    *  Pest-Control & Nutrition
Price:  Free of charge
--------------------------------------------------------------------
ISRAEL'S DAIRY INDUSTRY AS A MODEL FOR IMITATION 
IN WARM CLIMATE COUNTRIES
May 14th, 1996

    *  Feeding of High Yielding Dairy Cows in Hot Climates
    *  Trends in Breeding
    *  of the Israel Holstein Cow
    *  Israeli Technical Developments Enhancing the Dairy Farm
Price: US$40
--------------------------------------------------------------------
INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON GREENHOUSE 
& ENERGY TECHNOLOGIES FOR MILD CLIMATES
May 14, 1996
At the Agricultural Research Organization - Volcani Center
    *  Ventilation
    *  Insect Proofing
    *  Heating Technologies
    *  Innovations in Cover Materials
    *  Plant Protection
    *  Artificial Soils & Nutrients
Price: US$150	(US$120 for accompanying person)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Professional Israeli Agriculture Field Trips
Thursday May 16th, 1996
    *  Water & Irrigation
    *  Environment & Agro-Ecology
    *  Agricultural Research Institutions
    *  Business Initiative in the Farming Sector, Complimenting 
Agricultural Activities
    *  Kibbutz & Moshav in Israel
    *  Dairy Farms
    *  Greenhouses

For further information, contact: Beth Belkin, Communications Manager, 
Government of Israel Economic Mission, 800 Second Ave., NY, NY 10017, 
tel. (212) 499-5628, fax. (212) 499-5615, or e-mail. [email-masked].

-end-

0200-086-96/wf1

---

From: Ewald Schnug <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Mar 1996 10:13:04 GMT

I would be interested to get further information on that conference!