Subject: Re: Any real farmers here?

From: rbsguy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 19:24:06 -0600

Julie Creamer wrote:

> We are real in Georgia, USA. It's just most of the subjects discussed
> on this newsgroup are only vaguely related to farming...

Is this the only newsgroup we have? Where else is there?

Rob Cosgrove (farmer wanna-be)

---

From: [email-masked] (bart tibbals)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 00:31:59 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:

>In <[email-masked]>, [email-masked](James R. Van Sant) writes:
>>Any real farmers in alt.agriculture.misc? If political scientists,
>>social reformers, economists, and psychobabblers went outdoors and
>>planted gardens it would help reduce the world food shortage, improve
>>their general health and increase their knowledge of agriculture. Grow
>>some food!
>
>There are a handful of us here, but you are right in noting that we 
>are vastly outnumbered by activists, economists, and other people who 
>have an active interest in agriculture but little real-life 
>experience.
>
>BBB
>
>
>B.B. Bean                                       [email-masked]
>Peach Orchard, MO                          http://www.cris.com/~Bbbean
>                        Music: http://www.cris.com/~Bbbean/Music.shtml
>                            Ag: http://www.cris.com/~Bbbean/agri.shtml
>
Bart Tibbals
Persimmon Orchard, Florida
[email-masked]

Sure would like this conference to have more farmer imput.

---

From: [email-masked] (Christopher john pritchard)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 10:03:15 GMT

>their general health and increase their knowledge of agriculture. Grow

	Here, here!! and maybe a couple of trees to counter the gas that they
produce and associated ozone layer depletion.