Subject: Contintental Belton Mowers

From: [email-masked] (Doyle Hansel)
Date: 4 Sep 1995 16:53:53 GMT

About three years ago I purchased a new tractor with a number of accessories.
One was the Stallion 8' mower.
This is what I have had go wrong with it since I have had it.
1. Both outside gear boxes had to be rebuilt because if the center gear
   box is not perfectly aligned with the outside ones it would cause
   the seals to go out.
*  Contintental Belton had these repaired under warranty.

2. The chain guard on the front of the mower would let the chains hit the
   blades causing the blades to be damaged and the chain guard would be
   bent down.
*  Contintental Belton sent me two new chain guards. One with the same
   trouble and another re-manufactured that was longer and made differently
   did the trick.

3. The rear solid wheels do not have bearings. They are just pipes slipped
   into metal shafts that are bolted into the wheel supports.  
   Each time I use the mower I have to fill them with grease to keep the
   metal shafts and pipes from wearing out.

Note: The price that I paid for this unit should have sealed bearings in the
      wheels.  The gear boxes should have been tested for alignment when used
      in actual field use.

This is for your information and does not tell you to buy or not to buy
Contintental Belton Equipment.
Anyfeedback is welcome on this.