Subject: Low Cholesterol Eggs

From: [email-masked] (Olie Carden)
Date: 5 Oct 1995 04:07:26 GMT

Does anyone know anything about a chicken called an "Eracorna"?  This is 
the bird that lays the low cholesterol eggs? I would like to find a 
hatchery to get some from. Does anyone have the address for Murry's? Thanks

---

From: [email-masked] (Raymond Petersen)
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 12:18:44 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (Olie Carden) writes:
>From: [email-masked] (Olie Carden)
>Subject: Low Cholesterol Eggs
>Date: 5 Oct 1995 04:07:26 GMT

>hatchery to get some from. Does anyone have the address for Murry's? Thanks

Never heard of that - but I have heard that chickens on a specific diet (I 
think it was flax seed, but don't quote me) produce eggs with lower 
cholesterol.
However, the idea that cholesterol in eggs causing cholesterol problems for 
humans is being discredited.  One story was of a man who eats 30 soft-boiled 
eggs a day, and has very normal cholesterol levels.

Raymond
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
| "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein          |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------