Subject: Re: Karnal Bunt

From: [email-masked] (Janet & John Wintermute)
Date: Sat, 04 May 1996 15:23:32 GMT

[email-masked] wrote:

>Anyone heard anything new on the Karnal Bunt situation?  Seems as if it 
>changes daily!

USDA's Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service is the federal
agency charged with helping to delimit the boundaries of the Karnal
bunt outbreak in the Southwest.  We have a KB section on our homepage
where current KB stuff is posted.  Point your Web browser to

http://www.aphis.usda.gov

Under the "What's HOT in APHIS" icon, select Karnal bunt and you'll
move to that section, where daily updates from our temporary field HQ
in Phoenix are generated every business day.  There are also links to
factsheets and downloadable graphics of bunted wheat.

--Janet Wintermute
Writer/Editor, Legislative & Public Affairs
APHIS HQ, Riverdale, MD

P.S.  If you have any trouble (I think our server is down Saturday,
5/4/96; I couldn't get in this morning), send me an e-note at my
business account during the week:

[email-masked]