Subject: Agricultural Economics conference. Edinburgh

From: [email-masked] (O Morgan)
Date: 17 May 1996 13:23:03 GMT

8th Congress of the European Association of Agricultural Economists -
Sept 1996

This European congress is held every three years at different locations
around Europe, to be held this year at the new International Conference
in Edinburgh.  The event takes place immediately following the Edinburgh
Festival, on the 3rd to the 7th of September 1996.

Between 600 and 700 delegates are attending, many from Member States in
Europe, but also with a strong contingent from Central and Eastern
European countries, as well as delegates from further a field.  It will
be the biggest concentration of economists concerned with agricultural
and rural affairs, ever to gather within the UK.  Influential policy
makers, academics, researchers and practitioners will be present.

An exhibition will be running throughout the conference.  Space is being
reserved for University departments, educational institutions to:
- Promote their courses
- Highlight research findings
- Disseminate EU project results
- Demonstrate consultancy capability

A fee of UKP400 will be charged for each unit of exhibition or
dissemination space, which will go towards meeting the cost of the
Congress.

For further information or to book a unit, please contact:
Wendy Kenyon
Scottish Agricultural College
West Mains Road
Edinburgh
EH9 3JG
Scotland
Phone:   (44) 131 535 4307
Fax:      (44) 131 667 2601
E mail:   [email-masked]