Subject: CFV: misc.health.alternative

From: [email-masked] (Peter Kaminski)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1992 10:15:48 GMT

This is the official CALL FOR VOTES regarding the creation of a new
newsgroup, misc.health.alternative.

This message may be redistributed freely; please distribute it to
whomever you think may be interested, or have them request their own
copy by email from <[email-masked]>.

SUMMARY:

Name:    misc.health.alternative
Purpose: Alternative, complementary and holistic health care.
Status:  unmoderated

Voting period:  12 Nov 1992 through 12 Dec 1992
Voting address: [email-masked]
Vote yes with:  vote misc.health.alternative yes
Vote no with:   vote misc.health.alternative no

VOTING INSTRUCTIONS:

The voting period is from Thursday, 12-Nov-1992 00:00 GMT through
Saturday, 12-Dec-1992 23:59 GMT.

In order to vote for or against this newsgroup, you must send an
email message to <[email-masked]>.  If you wish, you may reply
to this article, and your reply will automatically be emailed to
<[email-masked]>.

Your email message should contain one of the following two lines,
either in the Subject or body of the message:

        vote misc.health.alternative yes
        vote misc.health.alternative no

The first line registers a vote for the creation of the newsgroup.
The second line registers a vote against the creation of the newsgroup.

Any unambiguous vote received will be counted, even if it does not
contain the suggested text.

Ambiguous votes will NOT be counted.  A vote may be ambiguous because
it does not refer to misc.health.alternative, does not contain one
and only one of "yes" or "no" (or their synonyms), or includes a
conditional such as "I vote ... if ...".

Multiple voting messages from the same person must be sent from the
same address.  If multiple votes are received from the same person,
only the last vote received is counted.  Votes posted to any newsgroup
will not be counted.

If you have any problem with voting, you can get help by sending email
to <[email-masked]> or <[email-masked]>.

CHARTER AND INTRODUCTION FOR MISC.HEALTH.ALTERNATIVE:

IMPORTANT NOTICES -- READ THESE
-------------------------------

Reading messages on misc.health.alternative cannot substitute for
seeing your doctor.  If you are ill, or concerned about a medical
problem, go to a doctor or other qualified, licensed health care
practitioner.

Usenet is NOT an appropriate medium to diagnose, prescribe for, or
treat any medical condition.  misc.health.alternative is a forum for
general discussion of alternative health care.  NOTHING POSTED TO
MISC.HEALTH.ALTERNATIVE SHOULD EVER BE CONSTRUED AS PROFESSIONAL
MEDICAL ADVICE INTENDED FOR PARTICULAR INDIVIDUALS.  NO DOCTOR-PATIENT
RELATIONSHIP, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, SHALL BE CONVEYED BY MESSAGES IN
THIS NEWSGROUP.

Remember that anyone can post anything to Usenet.  Messages are NOT
checked or verified for accuracy or validity by anyone before being
automatically distributed to readers.

Before taking any action because of a message posted to Usenet, verify
the information in it with a reliable source, such as your health care
professional.

When you post to misc.health.alternative, remember that you are fully
responsible for the content of your messages.  Post responsibly.

Messages which are specifically disallowed in misc.health.alternative:
commercial or for-profit messages; announcements of professional
products or services (even if they are allowed elsewhere on Usenet);
diagnoses, prescriptions or treatments for a specific individual; and
fraudulent or illegal messages.

CHARTER
-------

misc.health.alternative is a newsgroup for general non-technical
discussion (pro *and* con) of health care and therapies which are
alternative, complementary, or not commonly accepted by Western
scientific medicine.

Appropriate topics include (but are not limited to): acupuncture,
Alexander technique, alternative cancer therapies, aromatherapy,
ayurveda, chiropractic, color therapy, healing, herbalism, holistic
dentistry, holistic medicine, homeopathy, hypnosis, iridology,
macrobiotics, meditation, megavitamin therapy, midwifery, naturopathy,
natural vision improvement (Bates method, etc.), osteopathy,
radiesthesia, reflexology, shiatsu and do-in, traditional medicine
(Arab, Chinese, Native American, etc.), and yoga.

Flames, name-calling, and abusive behavior in general (from either
side) are not welcome, but constructive criticisms and arguments are
encouraged, with the caveat that misc.health.alternative is to be a
generally non-technical consumer level discussion group.

May happiness and health be with you!
-- 
Peter Kaminski
[email-masked]
[email-masked]