Subject: Re: Hello...

From: [email-masked] (Larry London)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1993 03:56:31 GMT

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] writes:
>I don't understand very much of the last topic, but I'm very interested in 
>alternative healing.  Hey what is co-evolution anyway?  I am currently studying
>Reiki-type energy healing, shamanism, including shamanic healing and a whole
>lot of other suff.  

You might be interested in these resources:

Newsgroups:

misc.health.alternative

Mailing lists:

NAT_MED
:
send e-mail to:
[email-masked]

in text of message type:
subscribe nat_med
or
unsubscribe nat_med

to post to the list send your e-mail to:
[email-masked]

for info on Almanac (the list software and info archive site):
send e-mail to [email-masked]

send guide (how to use Almanac)
send catalog (for lists of archives of posts to lists)
send mail catalog (for list of mailing lists)

FTP/GOPHER site:

GOPHER:
sunSITE.unc.edu 70
pub/academic/medicine/alternative-healthcare

the sunSITE GOPHER is accessable from the NCSU CES GOPHER,
twosocks.ces.ncsu.edu 70

FTP:
ftp sunSITE.unc.edu

cd pub/academic/medicine/alternative-healthcare
(soon to have databases on nutrition, homeopathy and naturopathic medicine)

>
>Hey, have you heard garlic is on the FDA's hit list?  

Sounds like a malodorous plot..

Lawrence
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Hank Roberts)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1993 20:38:29 GMT

>alternative healing.  Hey what is co-evolution anyway?  I am currently studying

"coevolution" refers back to the CoEvolution Quarterly, now called
Whole Earth Review -- a magazine published by the Point Foundation which
also produces the Whole Earth Catalogs.

This is a newsgroup for readers (also often writers) of the Point
publications.  For info on those email     [email-masked]

Also ask your librarian -- librarians know this stuff!

"Coevolution" in the biological sense is the way in which evolution works
to shape different organisms interactively.  For instance, how could you
have flowers without bees?  But how could you have bees without flowers?

Or consider the birds that clean the teeth of alligators, or the little
wrasses that clean the teeth of larger fish.

Consider people, now spreading like kudzu (-:

I'm a proofreader at WER; this newsgroup is entirely unsupported by
Point, purely a for-fun approach to the net by some of us readers and
writers who think that the Net is the real whole earth catalog, or will be
(grin).

Feel free to crosspost to here if you've got an idea that has its roots
somewhere else on the net but that you think other WER readers might find
interesting.

---

From: [email-masked] (Hank Roberts)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1993 20:38:29 GMT