Subject: NEWS: House Working Group on SA
From: [email-masked] (Gabriel Hegyes)
Date: 5 May 1994 11:48:35 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 05 May 1994 09:00:44 -0500 (EST)
From: Alice Jones <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

On May 4, 1994 the U.S. House of Representatives held its first meeting of 
the House Working Group on Sustainable Agriculture.  Congressman Sam Farr 
(California) is heading up this effort and was present to provide some 
background information and give an initial charge to the working group.  
Staffers from many Congressional offices were present.  Dr. Jill Auburn of 
the University of California-Davis and Dr. Alice J. Jones, Interim 
Director of SARE were present to discuss sustainable agriculture, the SARE 
and ACE programs, and the recently completed survey of organic farmers 
conducted by the Organic Farming Research Foundation.

The sustainable agriculture working group is interested in hearing from 
anyone having information, ideas, and suggestions on sustainable 
agriculture.  The two contacts are:

	Ms. Linda Delgado
	c/o Congressman Sam Farr
	1216 Longworth Bldg.
	Washington, DC 20515
	(202) 225-2861

	Mr. Brad DeVries
	c/o Congressman Peter DeFazio
	1233 Longworth Bldg.
	Washington, DC 20515
	(202) 225-6416
	Internet: [email-masked]

Thanks, 

Alice Jones, Interim Director
Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) Program
[email-masked]