Subject: Re: NEWS: House Working Group on SA
From: [email-masked] (Tom Hodges)
Date: 5 May 1994 22:23:12 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

I think that quantitative knowledge about the processes underlying 
agriculture and ecology is critical to designing sustainable systems.
It seems that this fundamental component, i.e. how things 
work biologically/chemically/physically, sometimes is neglected in 
our concern over politically correct solutions.

Tom

Tom Hodges           Cropping Systems Modeler      ___   ___
USDA-ARS                                          /   \_/   \
Rt. 2, Box 2953-A    Telephone: 509-786-2226     |           |
Prosser, WA 99350    Fax: 509-786-4635            \______/^\/ 
USA                                               potato tuber
=============  [email-masked] ========================
...photosynthesis makes the world go around...  Mr. Potato Head
> 
> The sustainable agriculture working group is interested in hearing from 
> anyone having information, ideas, and suggestions on sustainable 
> agriculture.  The two contacts are:
> 
> 	Mr. Brad DeVries
> 	c/o Congressman Peter DeFazio
> 	1233 Longworth Bldg.
> 	Washington, DC 20515
> 	(202) 225-6416
> 	Internet: [email-masked]