Subject: Research Manager - Dairy Unit (fwd)
From: [email-masked] (Alan Furchtenicht)
Date: 6 May 1994 18:59:18 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Forwarded message:
>From jgreen Fri May  6 17:29:32 1994
Full-Name: James T Green
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Research Manager-dairy unit
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 May 1994 17:29:30 -0400 (EDT)
To: dairyl, jgreen
X-Mailer: fastmail [version 2.4 PL20]

 
 
AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH UNIT MANAGER-Dairy
NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY
Raleigh, North Carolina
 
SALARY RANGE $24,367-38,823
MAXIMUM STARTING SALARY:  ($31,330)
 
GRADUATION FROM A FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY WITH A MAJOR IN
ANIMAL SCIENCE, CROP SCIENCE, HORTICULTURE SCIENCE, OR RELATED
CURRICULUM AND TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE AREA OF AGRICULTURE
RESEARCH OR PRODUCTION OPERATIONS INVOLVED.  Prefer Masters
Degree with years of supervisory, artificial insemination, and
ration balancing experience.  Computers use and ability to
lift/move 100 lbs.  Must obtain Artificial Insemination
Certification, Pesticide Applicator's License, and N.C. Vehicle
Operator's License.  Plan, organize and supervise research
projects including data collection, care, feeding, milking,
breeding, herd health programs, pasture utilization, waste
management.  Maintenance and repairs to buildings, equipment,
fencing, roads and grounds.  Responsible for budgets, personnel
records and reports, inventories, purchasing and planning.
Employee is required to live in University Field Laboratories
Housing.  Work location Raleigh, NC.  For an application call
919/515-4309.  Refer to 633-25V -- AA/EOE.  Human Resources,
North Carolina State University, P.O. Box 7210, Raleigh, NC
27695-7210.
 
Hands-on experience with pasture utilization and rotational
grazing with dairy cattle is an essential requirement because the
Research Unit Manager will be responsible on a daily basis with
all aspects of pasture-based dairying, in addition to
"conventional" dairy research trials.

 
--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Jim Green             |  caroline: jgreen@wolf
Ext Forage Specialist |  internet: [email-masked]
Box 7620, NCSU        |  fax:   (919) 515-7959
Raleigh, NC 27695     |  voice: (919) 515-2390
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=