Subject: SATELLITE CONFERENCE: Biotechnology
From: [email-masked] (Gabriel Hegyes)
Date: 12 May 1994 19:04:17 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 15:06:03 CDT
From: Tricia Sis <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list ASAT-GEN <[email-masked]>
Subject: Just Received This Teleconference Announcement

                   THE ENVIRONMENTAL BIOTECHNOLOGY STORY
                   Case Studies from the U.S. and Canada

DATE:     Tuesday, May 24, 1994
TIME:     1:00 - 3:00 p.m.  EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME
FEE:      ALSS/TBC Associates:  $75.00
          Others:               $125.00

Produced by PBS Adult Learning Satellite Service.

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION:  International environmental challenges
demand innovatives solutions, and such solutions are now being
developed by the emerging environmental biotechnology industry.
Environmental problems cross national borders and require
strategies that involve several sectors of society--industry,
government, research groups, academia, and funding organizations.

A new live videoconference, The Environmental Biotechnology
Story, will examine the current realities of this global
industry.  The broadcast occurs during the Toronto convention of
the world's largest biotechnology association, BIO (Biotechnology
Industry Organization), and will draw its live studio audience
from convention attendees.

For further questions please contact:  1-800-257-2578 or
703-739-0775.  Please do not contact the AG*SAT office, we do not
have any other information other than what you have read.  Thank
you.

TOPICS:

Bioremediation (using microorganisms to break down pollutants)
Biopesticides (biological insecticides)
Biopolymers/biomaterials (degradable materials used in
agriculture, packaging, biomedicine, and imaging)

Applications of environmental biotechnology:
     agriculture
     environmental engineering

TARGET AUDIENCE:  University and private sector scientists,
Bioscience and environmental studies faculty and students and
Environmental policy study centers and policy makers.

 -------------------------------------------------------------
º     THE AGRICULTURAL SATELLITE CORPORATION   (AG*SAT)       º
º Tricia Sis             º                                    º
º ASST. SECRETARY        º         VO:  402-472-7000          º
º BOX 830746             º         FX:  402-472-9060          º
º LINCOLN, NE 68583-0746 º         EM:  [email-masked] º
º________________________º____________________________________º