Subject: JOB ANNOUNCE: SARE Director
From: [email-masked] (Gabriel Hegyes)
Date: 24 May 1994 16:35:35 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

POSITION, TITLE, SERIES, GRADE:

Director, Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE)
program.  GS-401-14/15

Promotion Potential:
GS-15

Location of Position:  
USDA, Cooperative State Research Service (CSRS), Special Programs,
Washington, DC

Area of Consideration:
All sources **

**Selection is subject to the USDA Hiring Freeze.  USDA candidates
will be referred first.  Referral of other candidates will be
subject to approval of an exception to the hiring freeze.

Announcement No.  CSRS-94-951

Opening Date:  May 23, 1994
Closing Date:  July 5, 1994

Contact:  Delicia Taylor, USDA, CMS, PMSD
          Room 3552-South Building
          14th and Independence Ave, SW
          Washington, DC  20250-0992

Phone:    (202) 690-0089

DC Relay Service:  (202) 855-1234 (TTY)

Duties:  

*Incumbent is responsible for recommending and carrying out
major decisions affecting:

1. the basic content and character of Sustainable Agriculture
program.

2. program planning, management and evaluation activities.

3. relationships between the sustainable agriculture program and
other USDA, Federal, State, private sector, academic groups and
farmer participants.

*directs the development and conduct of procedures at the
regional level for inviting, reviewing and approving sustainable
agriculture project proposals to receive support.

*develops and manages the annual operating budget for the program
in collaboration with the Deputy Administrator and with the advice
and assistance of the Regional Coordinators of the sustainable
agriculture program in the Southern, Northeastern, Western and
North Central regions of the United States;  

*familiar with and understands significant policy, legislative,
research and educational developments and trends pertaining to
sustainable agriculture

*leading USDA spokesperson for sustainable agriculture.