Subject: docs (fwd)
From: [email-masked] (Sal Schettino)
Date: 26 May 1994 12:05:48 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Sal Schettino
Organic Farmer
[email-masked]
don't panic eat organi

Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 17:52:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sal Schettino <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: paper on drinking water from solar distiller (fwd)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 May 1994 17:51:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: Sal Schettino <[email-masked]>
To: Eng-Leong Foo mtc <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: paper on drinking water from solar distiller

Water Water everywhere and not a drop fit to drink! 

  I do not know if Will Kinney of 217 Escondido
Avenue in Vista is still around or not!  I spent about 2 days with this
person learning everything I could about his Solar water purifier.  I knew
that when you drink tap water you take your chances and was tried of
paying high electric bills making distilled water.  Will had four models
one a small one made 1/4 gal a day was 18 x 30 ,one making 1/2 gal a day
24 X 36 and one making 1.0 gal a day 36 X 48 and the largest one 2 gal a
day 36 X 95. 25lbs.  30.lbs., 55lbs. And 100 lbs was their weights.  I
left 2 gif files on sunsite.unc.edu if anyone wants to look at the finest
water purifier anywhere.  I took the 36 X 48 model and for five years or
more have had no problems of any kind.  What a pleasure to bring in
between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 gal glass jars filled to the brim with such good
tasting pure water every day.  The water tastes like fresh spring water
and of course free sun power is used instead of costly electricity. 

   Will Kinney told me that he had been working on this for years and I
believe it.  So simple you had to be a wise human being to see it.  You
have to make the water roll down the glass at just the right angle so as
to reach the trough at the bottom.  Slant it to much and the drop falls
short do not slant it enough and it will not roll.  You have to use the
purest glass you can find . The only thing the pure water can touch is
glass and stainless steal.  Your only expense is making the purifier.  You
could make it out of pure glass with red wood installation around the
sides but the one I got is stainless steal.  Should last 100 years.  It's
working the same every day as from day one. Nothing to ware out or get old
. At either the end of the solar water purifier unit there is a small
stainless steal 1/4 in. outlet used to flush the pure water from the 
stainless steal trough
that's at the front of the unit.  About half way up the same ends are 3/4
" I.P S threaded pipe on opposite sides.  This is where you fill it every
morning washing out the old water and bring in fresh water.  Its so nice
the pipe is high enough that water fills the tank just to the opening of
the 3/4 pipe no higher thus never getting in the trough and then water is 
discharged out the other pipe on
other end.  It helps remove salts, silt , bugs or other accumulated
residue.  You could hook another water purifier to the 3/4 pipe in fact
you could string up 10 or more and fill them all at one end .  Its so
perfect.  The water slowly drips out the 1/4 in outlet into a 1 gal glass
bottle or is gathered in storage tanks. 
  When I see the bottle is full I get it and put another one out there. 
Some time it makes water at night by the moon.  I call that moonshine. 
Boy is that water good first thing in the morning when it's still cool
from the night.  I use the water to rinse my hair after I wash it because
it so pure you do not need a hair rinse.  You have to do the best you can
to get pure water, air and food. 
    The absolute purity of water literally possesses millions of solvency
factors benefiting humankind.  The initial sip of absolute pure water
releases flavors of the taste buds and simultaneously cleanses the
taster's mouth of previously consumed foods .  Absolute pure ,clean
,uncontaminated ,cosmic/stellar/solar purified water is clean its empty . 
The purer the water is that you use to drink or cook, the greater is its
value to you and your future health because of its natural pick-up ability
to unload your body cells, glands and organs in the elimination processes,
functioning each second of your life.  So you see, Polluted tap or bottled
water not only pollutes but actually contaminates every organ and cell as
it traverses throughout the body, in and out of each blood vessel,gland
and organ-failing every second when it should be pure and cleansing the
bodies impurities via excretion processes such as perspiration from the
Skin. 
   The absolute pure water can however become less than purity in the
absolute sense.  Exposure to our harsh environmental impurities induces
factors that make this absolute pure water less than %100 pure.  For
example, to direct, indirect sunlight or artificial light will absorb
chemicals of the impure glass.  Todays ordinary and average glass
container is manufactured from recycled scrap glass.  This processing of
recycled glass is advantageous for the glass industry as it is more
prudent from an economical base, than using pure virgin silica sand for
glass manufacture.  Few of us realize the invisible culprit that lurks in
previously used glassware.  Most used glass containers are impregnated
with chemicals derived from their former contents.  In conclusion all
glass containers will release a very minute amount of foreign chemical
impurities.  Something to think about Water Farm 1 acre would yield 2000
to 5000 gallons of absolute pure water a 100 acre water farm enjoy 4000000
gallons of water daily.  Or every one having 1 or 2 on the house top so
their family will have pure drinking water.  The pure water is removed
from the contaminants instead of the pollutants being removed from the
water. What a natural way to purify water.
  Check out sunsite.unc.edu for gif picture of Solar Water Purifier.  I'm 
glad I got to know Will Kinney because thanks to his work I see how easy 
it is to get pure water.  you got pure lifetime all stainless steel 
tank,pure water collection surface(where can I get pure glass?),pure 
water catchment trough,and all-glass container. The sun is your power and 
off we go.  I have been told maybe this water is too pure so some time I 
will mix tea leaves in the water (mint,lemongrass,allspice,etc.)so that 
the water is not so empty. There are a lot of people that think pure 
water is not good to drink.  hummmm !  

-----===*===-----

[the .gifs of the water distiller plus this article are in:

pub/academic/environment/alternative-energy/miscellaneous/solar/water-distiller

files:

6106 May 18 16:41 solar-water-distiller.description (this document)
283247 May 18 13:54 water1.gif
238495 May 18 14:05 water2.gif

at sunSITE.unc.edu
-=*=-
[email-masked]]