Subject: Re: organic beekeeping?
From: [email-masked] (Adam Finkelstein)
Date: Thu, 26 May 1994 18:43:25 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

If you are managing your bees well, understanding their biology, you will
never have problem with AFB and other brood diseases. If AFB appears, by
removing brood comb and burning it, and then scorching the boxes, you may
eliminate AFB vectored from used equipment.
 Varroa is controlled in Europe often by using trap drone combs. The mites
congregate on drone brood, and then the combs are thrown away, keeping the
varroa population down.
 Tracheal mites are controlled well with grease patties, tolerant stock and
providing the bees with enough winter food and a good queen queen.
 I'd try posting again to sci.agriculture.beekeeping. You posted when the
group first started and there are now many bee experts reading the group.
 You might try using a different term than "Organic". I have no problem
with the term, but some might have skipped your post because they did.
BUZZZZZZZZZ
Adam
-- 
================================================================================
 Adam Finkelstein   [email-masked]     [email-masked]     
===============================================   |Bees To Please|   ===========