Subject: leachates in composting operations
From: [email-masked]
Date: 26 May 1994 17:23:10 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

I am interested in learning of any published or ongoing studies of
leachate losses from composting operations.  The aspects of this
issue of particular interest are: 1) leachate losses from diverse
materials such as manures, leaves, food scrap, fruit and vegetable
trimmings; 2) identification of chemical compounds or classes of
compounds in various leachates: 3)management strategies to limit
and/or collect and treat leachates.

Most of my contacts are working in farm-based situations, usually
composting on soil surfaces.  I do not need info regarding sludge
composting or other municipal waste operations.

Thanks for any responses.

[email-masked]

or Maarten van de Kamp
   Agricultural Engineering
   Univ. of Massachusetts
   Amherst, MA  01003

(413)545-5731 or FAX (413)545-5858