Subject: Re: Permaculture and Natural Farming
From: [email-masked] (Doug Hockin)
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 1994 21:25:30 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked] (KEVINDUFFY) writes:
>In article <[email-masked]>,
>[email-masked] (Kathleen Lidstone) writes:
>
>Kathleen, there is a group called the "Bear Tribe" that gives courses
>in Permaculture.  I have read books by both of these authors.  Anyway
>the "Bear Tribe" can be reached at (215) 993-3344 or (509) 326-4505. 
>They have many classes and books on appropriate technology and Native
>American traditions.  Good Luck, Kevin

Some Native Americans find the Bear Tribe's selling of their traditions
exploitive and repugnant. See for example Ward Churchill's book: "Fantasies
of the Master Race: Literature, Cinema and the Colonization of American
Indians".

-- 
Doug Hockin                     Internet:  [email-masked]
Olivetti North America          UUCP:      oliveb!isc-br!Doug.Hockin
22425 East Appleway             Phone:     509 927 5477
Liberty Lake WA 99019-9534 USA  Fax:       509 927 5612