Subject: Permaculture vs. SA (fwd)
From: [email-masked] (Larry London)
Date: 4 Jun 1994 22:54:36 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 1994 17:41:25 -0700
From: A. Michael Piper <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Permaculture vs. SA

I'm interested in feedback about the appropriate uses of the terms;
permaculture and sustainable agriculture. Is the only difference the fact
that Bill Mollison has copyrighted the term permaculture?  If so what does
that mean to me?  I do think permaculture has a catchier ring than SA.  
I am thinking about holding classes and demonstrations in the New Mexico,
USA, area.  The last thing I want to do is step on toes or egos.  It is my
opinion that this (SA) is a concept that is long overdue with regard to our
special involvement with our evolution.  Our interactions with the
environment have surpassed the possibilities of all other species, it's
about time we recognize our reponsibility for the power we wield, or we
shall perish because of it. It scares me when I realize how seperated most
Americans are from the source of there existence, agriculture.  

-- 
The War on Drugs (W.O.D.) is a biocidal war....
        Which side are you on?
Relegalize and repeal prohibition, for freedom and democracy.