Subject: Re: Hemp - Alternatives
From: [email-masked] (Brian Ehlert)
Date: 17 Jun 1994 05:36:15 -0600
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

In article <[email-masked]>,
KEVINDUFFY <[email-masked]> wrote:
>Does anyone know if there is a non-controlled Hemp plant available
>that contains little or no THC content.  Would the absence of usable
>quantities of THC make the plant legal for alternative uses?  Kevin
The government doesn't care.  Hemp is hemp is hemp.  Whether it has THC 
or not.  There all afraid that if you can grow non TCH hemp you could 
sneak in some w/ THC and then they would be endorsing the use of marajuana.

We still have some areas around here of wild hemp.  It was a big crop, 
back when they used the fiber.  But we also have these helecoptors that 
fly low in the summer, just looking for the stuff.  They will cover every 
inch of the area.  We also used to be one of the big domestic marajuana 
growing areas.  Gee, within easy reach is Chicago, Detroit, Toledo, 
Columbus, Cincinatti, Ann Arbor, East Lansing...  Go figure.

Oh, I am in SE Michigan.

But like I said, if they allow one plant they think it appears that they 
endorse marajuana.

$0.02

BrianE

-- 
=========
"I sometimes wonder how people like you happen."
"The same as anyone else, mister, and its fun for a couple people for a 
while, and then the trouble starts."   -- Roger Zelazny