Subject: SALE: Farm in Pennsylvania
From: [email-masked] (Gabriel Hegyes)
Date: 20 Jun 1994 18:28:33 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Brandywine Valley Association, Inc.
1760 Unionville-Wawaset Road
West Chester, PA  19382--6751
Phone:    (610) 793-1090
FAX:      (610) 793-2813

20 June 1994

FARM AVAILABLE

The Brandywine Valley  Association, the oldest small watershed
association in the country, has acquired a 228 acre farm in Chester
County, PA to be used for agricultural and educational purposes:

*135 acres tillable - deep, well drained silt loam, moderate
topography, very few rocks, currently leased to conventional crop
farmer through February, 1996;

*50 acres pasture - some in very good shape, some in need of
fencing and improvement, currently grazed by a few beef cattle;

* 52  stanchion bank barn, last used for dairy 15 years ago, spring
fed, sound but needs significant work to be modernized;

*large stone house - will be renovated this summer, could be very
nice, could be a one bedroom apartment and a 3 bedroom house, or
one large house;

*small house - just renovated, occupied by a couple who will be
erecting greenhouses and moving their native plant propagation
business to the farm;

*various outbuildings - very usable.

Currently accepting proposals from progressive farmers interested
in maximally utilizing the site.  Pasture-based dairy?  Produce? 
CSA?  Organic or sustainable combinations?  Very long-term lease
possible.  

Please contact Sam Cantrell, Director of Programs and Facilities,
Brandywine Valley Association,  (610) 793-1090.