Subject: Cover Crops Abstracts (fwd)
From: [email-masked] (Larry London)
Date: 21 Jun 1994 02:03:53 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 1994 13:57:02 -0700
From:[email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Cover Crops Abstracts

Cover Crops Workgroup Formed -- Abstracts Available

The University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural
Resources has recently focused new attention on cover cropping by
forming a systemwide cover crops workgroup.  The purpose of the
workgroup is to bring together Cooperative Extension farm
advisors and specialists, DANR faculty, and others to share
information, determine the highest priority research and
extension needs, and to coordinate activities to fulfill these
needs.  The workgroup consists of 68 UC DANR personnel.

At the first meeting, held at UC Davis in May 1994, 20
researchers reported on their ongoing research projects in annual
and perennial cropping systems.  The reports covered a broad
range of topics, including plant nutrition, water infiltration,
pest management, cover cropping systems and management, and
education.  

In addition to the oral reports, each speaker prepared an
abstract of their research; SAREP is now making these abstracts
available to the public.  To receive a free copy of the abstract
electronically ($5 for a hard copy), contact:

Chuck Ingels (workgroup chair)
Info Group SAREP
University of California, Davis, CA 95616-8533

TEL: (916) 757-3276
FAX: (916) 757-3281
E-MAIL: [email-masked]