Subject: Indicator program questionnaire
From: [email-masked]
Date: 24 Jun 1994 19:19:07 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

To: Sanet-ers working with Indicators
Fr: Steven McCann (World Resources Institute)
Re: Indicators of Sustainability Conference & Workshop (August
1-4, Arlington, Virginia, USA) co-sponsored by Washington State
University and the Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource
Management Collaborative Research Support Program (SANREM CRSP)
---------------------------

In preparation for the SANREM CRSP indicator conference, I am
endeavoring to pull together a summary list of sustainable
indicator programs (which plan to attend the conference).  If I
am successful at gathering useful information, I will make the
composite document available at the August conference.

The goal of the proposed paper (as I see it) will be to provide
basic information about indicator work/programs.  I have prepared
a questionnaire (see following) which I hope will give the
opportunity for indicator programs to communicate to others
critical information which may foster collaborations and
synergies.  

All organizations or individuals who supply information will
receive a copy of this prospective document.

I have cross posted this questionnaire on SARD, SANREM, and
INDICATORS tables, and the SANET conference, so many of you will
receive it more than once.  
 
Thank you, and I look forward to receiving a lot of interesting
information about ongoing indicator efforts from around the
world.

*** Attached File #1: QUEST1 ***
To: Indicators, Sard, Sanrem, and Sanet-mg electronic conference
	participants.
Fr: Steven McCann (World Resources Institute)
Re: Indicators of Sustainability (Questionnaire)
----------------------------------
The questionnaire below is provided as a tool to communicate basic
information about indicator work underway.  Please take 10-20
minutes and explain what you would like others to know about your
indicator program.  The information will be compiled and made
available electronically to contributors and the information will
be made available at the SANREM CRSP Indicators of Sustainability
Conference & Workshop, which will be held August 1-5, at Arlington,
VA, USA. 
----------------------------------

Indicator Program:

	Contact Person:  

	Organization:  

	Email: 

	Fax: 

	Tel: 

	Address:

	Collaborators:

Indicator Methodology:

Describe your indicator framework/methodology: e.g. intuitive
approach, menu approach, analytical approach, natural resource
accounting, cost benefit approach, total factor productivity,
pressure-state-response, etc.

Indicator Users/Audience:

Please specify the user/audience of the indicators: e.g. farmer,
forest manager, director of planning, director of extension
services, farmers, policymakers, technicians, publications,
researchers, planners, media, public, etc.

Scale of Indicators:

Please identify the scale of decision-making the indicators address
(national, regional, communal, farm, field, soil, etc.)

Use for Indicators:
What are the specific uses of the indicator?  Are they sitespecific or use-specific? Examples may include; set policy, managenatural resources, measure for compliance, evaluate project
success, set priorities, generate public debate/awareness, etc.
				
Indicator data:

Are data being compiled?
What is the source(s) of data?
Are there data quality concerns?

Dissemination Efforts:

What will be or has been the output of the indicator program
(publications: electronic, reports, articles, case studies,
training sessions, workshops, etc.)?

Needs and/or General Comments:

What are immediate needs (hardware/software, funding, data)?

----------------------------------
Please return the information to (preferably via email):

Steven McCann 
Email: [email-masked]
Fax: (202) 628-0878
Resource and Environmental Information Program
World Resources Institute
1709 New York Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006, USA
Tel: (202) 662-2587
*** EOF ***