Subject: crown rot on Hosta
From: [email-masked] (Margaret Merrill)
Date: 28 Jun 1994 16:02:56 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Hello,
I have a patron who raises several acres of Hostas and is
having a problem with something that is a crown rot acting like
damp-off, but in mature plants. His observations are that it
occurs primarily after heavy rains following a period of
drought.  He also thinks that it may be caused by a fungi as he
has observed both mycelium and fruiting bodies.  The mycelium
are a network rather than single strands and the fruiting
bodies are white fuzzy balls about the size of a pinhead.
He particularly wants to know what kind of natural controls
there may be for this problem.

Thank you very much for your help.
Margaret

-- 
Margaret Merrill
Jefferson Madison Regional Library
201 E. Market St.
Charlottesville, VA  22902-5287
[email-masked]