Subject: conference announcement (fwd)
From: [email-masked] (Gabriel Hegyes)
Date: 30 Jun 1994 09:33:17 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 1994 20:56:56 PDT
From: david granatstein <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list CSANR-L <[email-masked]>
Subject: conference announcement

Tilth to Celebrate 20th Anniversary
in Both Seattle and Portland

Tilth is a network of gardeners and farmers devoted to sustainable approaches
to agriculture in the Pacific Northwest. 1994 year marks Tilth's 20th
anniversary. To celebrate, two special events are planned.  The first will be
an urban agriculture symposium in Seattle, Washington, November 4th and 5th.
 This will be followed by regional Tilth's 20th Anniversary Celebration in
Portland, Oregon November 10th to13th.

The Seattle symposium, entitled "Sustaining the City, Nurturing People and
the Land," will dramatize the vital link between the urban community,
agriculture, and the environment.
Daniel Zwerdling, an award-winning correspondent for National Public Radio,
will be the keynote speaker. The goal of the "Sustaining the City" symposium
is to establish an alliance of agricultural and environmental organizations
concerned with the issues of people, food, and land.

Following the Seattle event, organic farmers and gardeners from throughout
the Pacific Northwest will gather in Portland, Oregon for a regional Tilth
conference.  The event will open with a cultural forum on urban and rural
values the evening of Thursday, November 10th.  Guest speakers will include
Kentucky farmer and poet Wendell Berry and biodynamic farmer Fred
Kirschenmann.

The Tilth gathering then moves to Edgefield Manor just east of Portland for a
combination family reunion and technical conference. Wendell Berry, who was
the catalyst for the formation of Tilth twenty years ago, will be our keynote
speaker.  There will also be numerous workshops to celebrate the past and
chart the future for ecological agriculture in the Pacific Northwest.

Information on the Seattle symposium is available from Seattle Tilth, 4649
Sunnyside Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103, (206) 633-0451.

For information on the Portland conference, contact Oregon Tilth, PO Box
3588, Portland, OR 97208, (503) 285-8279, Fax (503) 289-4179.