Subject: ANNOUNCE: Apprenticeship at Santa Cruz, 1995
From: [email-masked] (Gabriel Hegyes)
Date: 30 Jun 1994 09:38:07 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

The Agroecology Program and the University fo California Extension offer 
a 6-month residential Apprenticeship in Ecological Horticulture, 
April 10-October 13, 1995 at the Farm and Gardens, U.C. Santa Cruz.  The 
Apprenticeship emphasizes hands-on learning with instruction in organic 
horticultural methods (soil fertility, cultivation, composting, 
propagation, irrigation, greenhouse management), cultivar requirements
(vegetables, herbs, flowers, fruits), pest and disease considerations and 
marketing.  Both garden and field-scale production are included.  
Application deadline is November 1, 1994.  

Tuition:  $2,200.  We attempt to procure funds for two scholarships to 
minortiy/systematically disadvantaged individuals.  For further 
information contact:

Apprenticeship
Agroecology Program
University of California
Santa Cruz, CA  95064
(408) 459-2321

Al Johnson
Apprenticeship Coordinator