Subject: Re: BT yet again
From: [email-masked] (Sal Schettino)
Date: 7 Jul 1994 00:58:10 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

thats one good reason for labeling bgh and all the stuff people use to 
produce food so that those of us that  eat the food can 
pick what we take into our systems.  why do we that grow organic have to 
regester and pay money to be organic and those that use non organic 
stuff don't.  I have been growing organic for years now all of a sudden I 
feel people are trying to stop a way of life.  If your are organic you 
got to pay this guy pay that guy fill this out fill that out.  For year I 
never had to do this now every one want to get into the act. and the 
farmer pays for all the buracrate bs. Then some one says there is no 
difference between organic and not.  If there is no difference than why is 
there something 
called organic and and if you use the word organic there are different 
laws for you and different taxes and more paper work.  All for not using 
chemicals.  Can you belieave that .  what a joke on one end you have 
jokers saying organic is no different that conventional and  then 
other end you got to pay money get inspected and fill out tons of paper 
work pay just to say your organic pay pay pay.  I'm hate going to the mail 
box never know who else I have to pay off just for not using unnatural 
stuff. For years I have been farming organic and never had to pay anyone 
because I don't use chemicals . now every what a % of the pie because I 
don't pollote.  yet people that change the dna of the food we eat and 
inject cows with lab dna and spray poison on food don't have to tell the 
people that eat the food what they use.

 Petrik:The soil is like the stomach of man when we think of the 
soil/plant biosystem.  A person kept alive by injetion of nutrient 
solution connot exercise his full vitality  A Healthy intestinal tract 
(including microfauna and flora) is considered a key to good healthy and 
the same can be said for the soil.Inherent in the chemical systems 
approach is the necessity to apply more mineral nutrient than is needed 
by the crop being fertilized .Otherwise we would not find freeions 
polluting our rivers,lakes and oceans into which the excess from 
chemiculture is leached. 
 Also distressing is the fact that the farmer 
has had to pay the chemical companies for this pollution. The use and 
cost of agricultural chemicals have zoomed in recent years until now it 
is taking more and more and more chemical cost to produce the same 
results, and some so called experts are recommending even more of the same.

Meanwhile the American farmer is really up against a tough battle for 
survival.  He needs help fast.  The agriculture as it stands today in 
many so called "civilized" countries is responsible for many destructive 
situations on farms.  Many farmers experience nematode problems on such a 
high scale that sometimes it seems to be impoossible to farm where only a 
few years ago no nematode damage has been visible. 
 Smart farmers are 
looking to the emerging potential fo appolied biology. To farm 
biologically instead of chemically you must first focus on the quality of 
microscopic soil life.  Humankind has never outprouduce nature which is 
impossible because we are a part of nature.
Our best hope for the future is to stop trying to outwit nature and learn 
to operate biosystems to our advanatage
Why do I have to pay to say I'm organic?  what happen to free speech.  If 
you say organic that word is not free anymore.  it will cost you to use 
that word.  They have taken that free word away from us now after all 
these 1000000's of years if you say your organic be prepared to pay.  If 
you don't use their poisons to grow food and tell someone you don't then you 
got to pay in paper work and money .  You get no choice if you are 
organic don't tell no one or pay.  thats it.  a bunch of people get 
together in a room and frame their mischif and call it law. 
  On 6 Jul 1994, Louis Hom wrotne:

> In article <[email-masked]>,
> Sal Schettino <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >I don't understan why people lately are bum raping growing food organic..
> >
> 	I think the reasons people are suddenly questioning the benefits of
> organic versus non-organic come from a growing 'awareness' (true or not) that
> there is a much smaller difference between 'natural' and 'synthetic' than
> many of us would like to believe and that we are paying large sums of money
> for that very small difference.  There are healthy ways and there are unhealthy
> ways to grow the things we eat and some people don't think that the healthy
> ways are restricted to organic practices or that the unhealthy ways are
> restricted to non-organic farmi
Sal Schettino,Organic Farmer,don't panic eat organic,[email-masked]
or check out my homepage:            http://rain.org/~sals/my.html