Subject: Re: BT yet again
From: [email-masked] (Sal Schettino)
Date: 12 Jul 1994 02:06:32 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Oh so there is a difference between organic and not organic.  Good at 
least we have reached that milestone.  Ever read the book The Pesticide 
Conspiracy - an alarming look at pest control and the people who keep us 
"hooked"on deadly chemicals. by Robert "Van Den Bosch.
Quote "Thanks to our indiscriminate use of pesticides, we are not only 
losing the war against insects but also endangering the environment, 
wildlife,out food supply-and our lives. And yet we continue on the 
insecticide teradmil.  Did you know that pesticide companies finance much 
of the research in the pestcontrol field?  That most insect-control 
advisers are pesticide salemen?  That the political muscle of the 
pesticide industry exxtends to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the 
Envieonmental Protection Agency, the land-grant universities, and the 
press.  in this book a scientist who has worked in the field of pest 
control for over thirty years blows the whistle on the pesticide "Mafia" 
and suggests constructive,ecologically sound alternatives (including the 
limited use of selective pestides when requird) to it increasingly 
dangerous reliance on chemicals."  Quote from The Pesticide Conspiracy.

Now they are asking me to support and give money to these people the same 
people that spray kids in LA with pestides. how do I know the money I 
give them is not being used to spray the kids in LA. You have to give the 
same people that have been letting this poisoning go on and on be in 
charge of organic farmers. We have to support something God does not want 
me to support. what a thing.  they make you part of there Conspiracy if 
you want to be or not.  I call it a tax .  over 60% of our chapter in 
ccof quit because what they are setting up for the organic movement is a 
big fall.  This is taken form the back of the book Pesticide Conspiracy 
"The Big-Money Moguls in the Pesticide industry their wholly-owned 
subsidiary the U.S. Department of Agriculture their bought and paid for 
entomologists and toxicologists didn't like Silent Spring One bit They 
will like Robert Van Den Boschs Book even less.  for the book tells the 
public for the first time what competent professionals in the 
insect-control business have long known: that even without considering 
the environmetal hazards of pesticides their broadcast use is a disaster 
for all but those who sell and promote them." 
Professor van den Bosch a distinguished scientist and an insider with 
long experience in the business of controlling pest populations, lays out 
the story of stupidity venality and corruption as only an insider can.  
Its all here.  the suppression of research on alternative systems the 
sale of the honorable traditions of the Entomological Society of 
America.. the pressure put on scientists in the state universities to 
suppress results unfavorable to the pesticide Mafia, the disgrace of the 
Demartment of Agriculture the rape of the EPA the whole tragic story.

What do you think about this book is it a big lie.  
now all of a sudden Bgh  bounce off the wall fruit etc.
hey I donn't  know if its true or not its just junk I think about 
sometime and they don't beleave in organic if they knew organic they 
would know that organic farming is the only real Sustainable ag. The soil 
in which we plant crops today has been self perpetuating for millions of 
years without man's help.  It will continue to do so if we do not disturb 
its natural cycle.
 the beat go on.

  Sal 
Schettino,Organic Farmer,don't panic eat organic,[email-masked]
or check out my homepage:            http://rain.org/~sals/my.html