Subject: Soil Conservation/Organic Farm
From: [email-masked] (Marlin Nissen)
Date: 11 Jul 94 16:59:00 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Yes, I have contacted them (ASCS and SCS) in Washington Co. They had 
some useful info on soil types and such, but found that their bulletin 
board was strictly "conventional" farm oriented. Maybe that's all there 
is in that area.
    
Now down in Kentucky, just a few miles south of us there seems to be a 
booming organic farming and marketing going on. We are told there is a 
waiting list for signing up for CSAs(subscription farming) for the 
Louisville alternative crowd. So we're thinking that we can tap into 
that someday.
   
If you know of anyone with info or interest in working some land we are 
open to suggestions.
  
P.S.    -     does anyone know any thing about organics and hay 
production. If so drop me a line. Also an outstanding event, known as 
the "Turtle Island Bioregional Gathering" is going on in Otter Creek 
outsided of Louisville, KY. Contact me for details. Great people.....