Subject: Re: Organic Ag
From: [email-masked] (Louis Hom)
Date: 14 Jul 1994 14:57:49 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

In article <[email-masked]>,
Bowman, Bruce <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>Gullible or not, the fact remains that there is a sector of the populace
>who wants to purchase foodstuffs that have not had things sprayed on them.

	But that's the thing -- you can't contrast 'organic' farmers with
farmers who 'spray things'.  There are plenty of nasty chemicals employed
in organic farming too.  The important distinction, IMHO, is between
responsible agariculture and irresponsible agriculture.  Everything else
is just marketing, to me.  I agree that the guy you're replying to is kinda
crazy, but at the same time I think it's time to question the benefits of
organic practices, restrictions, and claims.

-- 
										****************************************************************************
*   Lou Hom			*	"All folks are family."            *
*   [email-masked]       *    			-- John Saponara   * 
****************************************************************************