Subject: Volunteers Needed: Biointensive in Kenya
From: [email-masked] (Sequoia333)
Date: 21 Jul 1994 01:30:02 -0400
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Global Service Corps, a non-profit organization that provides short term
service projects in developing countries, is searching for volunteers for
Project kenya, Aug 19-Sep 11, 1994.  We will be assisting villagers in
western Kenya in learning how to grow food using the bio-intensive method.
 We will have a 4 day training seminar on agriculture in Kenya and
sustainable development at the village level at Manor House Agricultural
Centre. The trip will also include time in Nairobi, homestays with locals,
and trips to nature reserves. Tuition is $1650 (part of this goes to a
revolving loan fund that assists locals in purchasing seeds, tools, etc.)
and we can help you with discounted group airfares.  All costs are usually
tax deductible. There is still time to join us!! If you are interested,
please get in touch with:
Carrie Re
Programs Coordinator
Global Service Corps
1472 Filbert St. #405
San Francisco, CA 94109
415-922-5538
e-mail: [email-masked]

Thank you!