Subject: Transfer to sustainable ag: farmers and land grants
From: [email-masked] (kristin)
Date: 23 Jul 1994 17:16:24 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Hello -
Iam a student doing research on the transfer from conventional to sustainable
agriculture in the United States, and am in search of the following information
:         1) Does anyone have a list of farmers who have recently adopted
sustainable practices on their farms, or are considering making changes? I am
primarily interested in farms of 200 acres or larger, in any state.
          2) LAND GRANT UNIVERSITIES- If you have been or are currently
involved with a land grant university, please consider the following questions:
* Does your university include any sustainable agriculture research or programs
or even interest? * If so, how and when did they begin? * What do you think are
their successes and weaknesses? * What role does sustainable ag play in the
university's ag program as a whole? * How is it regarded by other people at the
 university (i.e.: is there a lot of interest, or is it considered marginal or
crazy) ?
  I would be grateful for any responses to these questions. This research is
for a paper I am writing on the current state of sustainable agriculture in the
U.S. (it will not be published). All opinions, named or anonymous, are welcome.

                         THANK YOU!
                              - Kristin Erickson
                                18 Creighton St.
                                Providence, RI. 02906
                          e-mail: [email-masked]

 Please send responses directly to me.Thanks!