Subject: maritime permaculture course
From: [email-masked] (Douglas Smith)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 1994 11:11:05 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

MARITIME PERMACULTURE DESIGN COURSE: SEPT 11-25TH, 1994
Two-week intensive in sustainable systems design
Denman Island, Straights of Georgia, British Columbia

Emphasis on conditions in the Maritime Pacific Northwest which will be
especially valuable to residents of British Columbia, Oregon and
Washington. Course topics will include: Permaculture methodology,
permaculture principles, tree crops, mapping, keyline systems, erosion
control, restoration ecology , livestock and wildlife, soil microbiology,
organic gardening, land trusts, urban permaculture etc.etc.etc.

Instructors will be Michael Pilarski (Friends of the Trees, Actinidia
Enthusiasts Newsletter, GreenFront Report etc. from Tonasket WA), Liz
Richardson (In charge of animal systems and permaculture forage systems on
Linnaea Farm, Cortes Island BC) and Oliver Kellhammer ( permaculture
co-ordinator, Cottonwood Community Gardens Project, Vancouver BC) and other
guest instructors.

Accommodation, Food etc. will be available.
For details, Contact

Sile Simpson-Brown
6791 Denman Rd.,
Denman Island, BC
V0R 1To
Tel/Fax: (604) 335-1898

Friends of the Trees
P.O. Box 1064, 
Tonasket, WA
98855
Tel/Fax (509) 485-2705