Subject: Case Studies/Examples NPS Financing
From: [email-masked] (Nathaniel Cordova)
Date: 25 Jul 1994 14:01:08 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Hi folks:

I'm an associate in an environmental finance center, that looks at alternative 
financing mechanisms for implementing environmental projects. Although we mostly 
concentrate on assisting local govt. officials, municipalities, and such, 
(mostly on point source issues) explore alternative means to finance their 
environmental efforts, we are moving in the direction of doing more work in 
nonpoint source, storm water stuff, and so forth. I though perhaps this list 
might help a bit with the agricultural side of it. 

I'm looking for any case studies or case examples of innovative and/or 
alternative financing methods/efforts/projects/mechanisms etc. on the issue of 
non point source pollution from agricultural lands. Anything that you may have 
heard of or know about would be greatly appreciated. A brief reference is fine. 
Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nathaniel I. Cordova
Associate
Environmental Finance Center
University of Maryland at College Park
College Park, MD  20742
(301) 405-6400
[email-masked]