Subject: Re: Ants and Spiders
From: [email-masked] (Marlin Nissen)
Date: 21 Jul 94 12:32:00 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Tom, please don't spray !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    
There's too much of that sh_t going on already. You and your household 
don't really need the insecticides added to our daily pollution 
already.......
     
I agree try the Boric Acid (in sugar or something greasy depending on 
the type of ant) for the ant problem. Spiders are actually quite good, 
as long as you're not overrun with them. Our compromise in our old 
farmhouse was to sweep the ones out of the areas where we are all the 
time, and to allow them to flourish in deeper, darker corners and 
places like crawl space etc.
     
We also try to move some we catch outdoors without destroying them as 
this is bad Karma (in our belief system) as all creatures are our 
relations and ancestors. I guess we try to create coexistence 
conditions that are tolerable to both us and them (exceptions in the 
house are things that tear it down i.e. termites).
     
Peace