Subject: Job Announcement
From: [email-masked] (Marjorie Rayburn)
Date: 26 Jul 1994 20:00:49 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Please share the following job announcement with students,
colleagues, or anyone else you may know that might be interested.
Thank you.
                              --Marjorie Rayburn

MANAGER, FARMERS PEST MANAGEMENT COOPERATIVE, EDENTON, NC 27932. 
Deadline for Applications:  August 31, 1994.  Proposed start of
employment:  October 1, 1994 - January 1, 1995.  Starting salary: 
$22,000-23,000, depending on qualifications.  Benefits package.
Description:  Management of Pest Management Cooperative including
sales and marketing of services; financial planning and budgeting;
supervision, coordination, and training of contract labor (crop
scouts); responding to client (farmer) problems and concerns;
discussing treatment options; making pest management
recommendations based on scouting reports; making fertilizer
recommendations based on soil test reports.  Manager will be
working with farmers, an 11-member board of directors representing
farmer-clients, NCSU Extension specialists and agents; assisting
with research projects (on contract).  Crops scouted by the co-op
include Irish potatoes, small grain, corn, soybeans, peanuts, and
cotton.  Qualifications:  4 year degree, ability to obtain NC
consultants license within 2 years, understanding of integratd pest
management principles and applications, good oral and written
communications skills.  For application form, contact:  Marjorie
Rayburn, Farmers Pest Management Cooperative, P. O. Box 1030,
Edenton, NC 27932.  919-482-8431.  Fax:  919-482-4925.  Internet: 
[email-masked]

Each applicant will receive an application form to be returned with
copies of transcripts, resume, 3 references, and a cover letter.

Included with application form will be a copy of requirements for
NC Consultant's License.
-- 
Marjorie Rayburn
E-Mail  : mrayburn@chowan
Internet: [email-masked]
Phone   : (919) 482-8431