Subject: Seeds of Change
From: [email-masked] (Peter Stoddard)
Date: 28 Jul 1994 23:07:55 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Hello

I'm going to attend the "Seeds of Change" conference in San
Francisco on October 21-23, and I'm interested in making contact
with others who may be going too.

My name is Peter Stoddard.  I am an Environmental Research
Scientist with the California Department of Pesticide Regulation,
and in my spare time am a documentary photographer.  

As a member of the Department of Pesticide Regulation, within the
California Environmental Protection Agency, I am interested in
sustainable agriculture, and particularly how regulatory agencies
such as mine can participate.  Most people reading this will say
"Pesticides...yechhh", and I agree -- I'm pretty put off by the
whole concept myself, especially after 14 years.  But my training
at UC Berkeley was in Invertebrate Pathology (use of invertebrate
diseases to control pests), and I am very excited about some of
the new things that are happening in California.  And not just on
the fringes either.  Farmers, processors, and other groups are
really beginning to see the value of using fewer pesticides.  The
University of California and State Universities are doing some
very interesting things besides the usual research.  Things are
looking up.

As a documentary photographer, I am interested in everything, as
long as it has a visual aspect.  I'm always on the lookout for
new projects.  Childcare, boatyards, urban land use, and
railroads are some of the things I have been working on.

I'm looking forward to making new friends at the Conference. 
Maybe we can communicate beforehand so that we can find each
other more easily once there.

You can reply to this BB, or to me by e-mail, or finger me for
snail data.  And please feel free to re-post this to other
locations.  Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Peter Stoddard
[email-masked]  [email-masked]  [email-masked]