Subject: Re: Seeds Tomato/e
From: [email-masked] (Jim Dixon)
Date: 21 Jul 94 22:22:14 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Hello Harsha

 HG>    What is this ,"Origin: Canadian EarthCare Foundation (604) 769-5097 "?
 HG>    Is this a BBS or something more? Thanks for the info.

For the public, it is a BBS/Library. We monitor and search out environmental
information, stats, data, reports, analysis or whatever that is relative to the
environmental community. Users are welcome to log in and key word search by
word/s and/or phrase/s most of the information stored on our system. We also
maintain a library of PC files that environmentally related such as ozone,
farming, weather, climate modeling programs. These are more designed for the
professionals in mind.
We also carry many of the FidoNet echos, environmental newsletters, and publish
press releases for most groups and industry. Our system differs from most in
that if for example you queried the EPA or NISTI databases for glyphosate, you
would get small summaries of the product. If you queried our system, you would
get the lab reports. In short, the data we try to provide is as accurate and
from the source as possible. This lets the user read the information and make a
decision based on the facts,not a brief summary. The biggest issue in our
province right now is forestry. What we try to do is to provide the hard data;
forest inventory, watershed inventory, water quality and the such relative to
the issue. The same data that is used by government when they base their
decisions on land use, forest permits and the like is provided for the user.

I hope this helps answer your question.
    Jim