Subject: Re: Online Resource Pointer #6
From: [email-masked]
Date: 29 Jul 1994 18:05:16 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

>From: Administration Account <[email-masked]>

<<< This message has been automatically generated, as you sent us a message 
with the word(s) "send info," "requst," and/or "un/subscribe." >>>

Thank you for your interest in the EnviroLink Network.  Here is an 
informational fact-sheet that we normally distribute to new users.  
All of the instructions that you should need are included here.

Thanks.

The EnviroLink Network
<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>

The EnviroLink Network is the largest on-line environmental
information service on the planet, reaching well over 450,000 people
in 95 countries.  (this number grows daily)  All services provided by
the EnviroLink Network are FREE to the user and are available for
anyone that wishes to use them.

What Services We Provide:

-- On-Line Systems --

-EnviroFreenet: a full environmental information service, in the spirit of a
Freenet system.  On-line services include: mail, Usenet, bulletin board
messaging, real-time chat conferences, IRC, FTP, Gopher, WAIS, and many
more.  All advanced services require a password and accounts will only be
given to environmental activists.

To access the system, telnet to: envirolink.org and follow the instructions.

- EnviroLists:  To find out about the large variety of lists that the
EnviroLink Network hosts on our system, please send a mail message to:
[email-masked]  with the words HELP and LIST in the body of the
message on separate lines.

-- Archive Systems --

- EnviroGopher:  The world's largest on-line environmental archive;
to access, telnet to:

envirolink.org
NO PASSWORD NEEDED, just follow instructions at the login prompt.

- EnviroWeb: a World Wide Web/Mosaic interface to our environmental
information.  This service allows a full multi-media view of the Internet
and of a lot of excellent environmental information.

- EnviroFTP:  the same as EnviroGopher, but for those die-hard ftp
fans; anonymous ftp available at: envirolink.org

-- For those without Internet Access --

- EnviroDisk and Catalog: a full catalog of information available on
EnviroGopher.  You choose what info you want, and we send it to you
on a disk or on a print-out (100% post-consumer paper, of course).
THIS SERVICE DOES COST MONEY, AS WE NEED TO COVER OUR COSTS.  The
charge is nominal and ONLY covers the cost of the service.

- DIAL-IN ACCESS: The EnviroLink Network has limited dial-in access 
available to its users.  This will be provided on a LIMITED basis, only 
for those in dire need.  Call for more info.

====================================================================
All of our services are provided for free (unless noted), but we are
still all volunteers! (and starving college students)  This entire
network is running on a financial shoestring, so if you can afford
it, please send us a donation (computers, money, food, etc.) to the
address below.
===================================================================

The EnviroLink Network
4551 Forbes Avenue  -Third Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
(412) 268-7187 > voice
e-mail:  [email-masked]

The Earth is Calling!  Communicate Globally, Act Locally!