Subject: Ranchers are "family farmers" also. So, ??
From: [email-masked] (Dick Richardson)
Date: 30 Jul 1994 19:37:02 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Thank you for posting the White House press release for the National Rural
Conference.  In it stated that:

"...The conference will be moderated by the President and will link
>communities from North Carolina, Illinois, Iowa and California via
>satellite, allowing for an exchange of ideas over the information super
>highway. ..."

None of these locations involve ranching, and this is a vital part of US
agriculture, especially when we consider ranchers are the managers of most
of the watershed in the country.  In Texas, especially, ranching is on
private land, but in most cases families are involved in any state
regardless of the use of private or public land.

Do you have a suggestion about how to point out the oversight effectivelly
to the White House?

=========================================================================
R. H. (Dick) Richardson               *    (512) 471-4128  (w)
Zoology Department                    *    (512) 471-9651  (FAX)
University of Texas                   *    (512) 476-5131  (h)
Austin, TX  78712                     *    [email-masked]