Subject: ANNOUNCE: President Announces National Rural Conference (fwd)
From: [email-masked] (Gabriel Hegyes)
Date: 30 Jul 1994 19:37:05 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 1994 18:53:03 -0400
>From: Todd Landfried <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list RURALDEV
     <[email-masked]>
Subject: President Announces National Rural Conference

Everyone:

As promised, here is the text of the White House press release for the
National Rural Conference.  I'll send you more as I find out more.

Todd

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

                            THE WHITE HOUSE
                     Office of the Press Secretary
_____________________________________________________________
For Immediate Release                           July 27, 1994
  PRESIDENT CLINTON ANNOUNCES NATIONAL RURAL CONFERENCE

     President Clinton today announced that he will lead a first-ever
National Rural Conference on the future of America's rural communities
Thursday, December 1, 1994 in Iowa. The conference will bring together
Administration officials, Members of Congress and those living and working
in rural America for a discussion on farm policy and the challenges facing
rural America.

     "Rural America, which makes up a quarter of our population, is vital to
the overall development of our nation's economy and future. This
administration is committed to working closely with rural communities in
tackling the important issues of jobs, trade and the preservation of the
family farm as our nation enters the next century," the President said.

     The conference will be moderated by the President and will link
communities from North Carolina, Illinois, Iowa and California via
satellite, allowing for an exchange of ideas over the information super
highway. Agriculture Secretary Mike Espy and officials from throughout the
Administration and Congress will join the President to discuss a wide range
of issues, including job creation, business development, education,
infrastructure, agriculture, health care and the environment.

     The President looks forward to the conference and to working with those
who worked hard to bring it about, including Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND),
Representative Richard Durbin (D-IL) and Senator Tom Harkin (D-IA).

                               -30-30-30-

Transmitted:  94-07-28 17:01:52 EDT

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
     Todd Landfried
     Community Development Specialist
     ES-USDA
     3863 South Building
     Washington, D.C. 20250-0900
     Voice:  202.720.7186
     FAX:    202.690.4869

Email: use 'reply' or any one of the following
       [email-masked]
       [email-masked]
       76615,[email-masked]
       [email-masked]

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *