Subject: Re: Ranchers are "family farmers" also. So, ??
From: [email-masked]
Date: 31 Jul 1994 16:29:03 GMT
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Dick Richardson) writes:
>Thank you for posting the White House press release for the National Rural
>Conference.  In it stated that:
>
>"...The conference will be moderated by the President and will link
>>communities from North Carolina, Illinois, Iowa and California via
>>satellite, allowing for an exchange of ideas over the information super
>>highway. ..."
>
>None of these locations involve ranching, and this is a vital part of US

WHAT???? none of te
these locations involve ranching?
Have you ever BEEN to calif. I mean real Calif, not L>A>?
Maybe you had better check yourself here, there IS A LOT of ranching
here.

sarah

>agriculture, especially when we consider ranchers are the managers of most
>of the watershed in the country.  In Texas, especially, ranching is on
>private land, but in most cases families are involved in any state
>regardless of the use of private or public land.
>
>Do you have a suggestion about how to point out the oversight effectivelly
>to the White House?
>
>
>
>
>=========================================================================
>R. H. (Dick) Richardson               *    (512) 471-4128  (w)
>Zoology Department                    *    (512) 471-9651  (FAX)
>University of Texas                   *    (512) 476-5131  (h)
>Austin, TX  78712                     *    [email-masked]
>
>