Subject: Re: Ranchers are "family farmers" also. So, ??
From: [email-masked] (Troy Bogdan)
Date: 31 Jul 1994 20:34:30 -0000
Newsgroups: alt.sustainable.agriculture

Dick Richardson writes:

>
>Thank you for posting the White House press release for the National Rural
>Conference.  In it stated that:
>
>"...The conference will be moderated by the President and will link
>>communities from North Carolina, Illinois, Iowa and California via
>>satellite, allowing for an exchange of ideas over the information super
>>highway. ..."
>
>None of these locations involve ranching, and this is a vital part of US
>agriculture, especially when we consider ranchers are the managers of most
>of the watershed in the country.  In Texas, especially, ranching is on
>private land, but in most cases families are involved in any state
>regardless of the use of private or public land.
>
>Do you have a suggestion about how to point out the oversight effectivelly
>to the White House?
>
Effectively?  No.  But you may wish to write the president via e-mail at:
[email-masked]  or send him a fax at (202)456-2883.
You might also wish to contact Secretary Espy at the USDA.  I think they could 
easily set up a satellite link to Texas, don't you?
Hope it works,  Troy Bogdan, Farmer, Pure Earth Organic Farm

---
********************************************************************
*                Troy Bogdan - Bridgeville, PA                     *
*        [email-masked]  *  [email-masked]             *
********************************************************************
*   "Never forget that the cultivation of the earth is the most    *
* important labor of man.  When tillage begins, other arts follow. *
*      The farmers therefore, are the founders of civilization."   *
*                                          -David Webster-         *
********************************************************************